One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 Will Not Have Any Movie Characters, Share Play Feature Added and More
On January 30th, Dengeki Online went to Taipai GameShow and interviewed Hisashi Koinuma who is Vice President of Koei Tecmo and Bandai Namco Producer Yukai Sasaki a couple questions about the upcoming One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 game.
A handful of these questions we already know about, but there are a few that stand out like how there will be no movie characters and players will be able to use Share Play which basically lets a visitor play the game for up to an hour a session.
Also note that the Pirate Warriors 3 limited edition PS4 was teased since last month.
Check out the translated interview below:
1) “Pirate Warriors” has relived and stayed faithful to the original story, and that is not different with Pirate Warriors 3. Will it only focus on reliving the original story, and how will it be different from previous games?
Koinuma: On the stage, there was new Pirate Warriors information that was different and not expected by players. Where in Pirate Warriors 2 it was completely a Warriors game, we wanted “a warriors game that allowed you to relive the original work” more than the original “Pirate Warriors”, but with the Warriors system. There is a reason why it has been 2 years since the previous one has been released, as we aim to make this the best warriors game on the PS4.
2) How does it end since the story is incomplete?
Sasaki: Right now I can’t say, but Sabo appears, so expect it to cover up to where he is in the story.
3) I know you’re following the “One Piece” anime, but will a movie character appear?
Koinuma: For various reasons, film only characters will not appear in this game.
4) There were some episodes not included in “Pirate Warriors”. Will they be in this one?
Koinuma: At least the parting with Shanks and meeting Usopp.
Sasaki: Please wait for more information in the future. Since the last one, some fan favorite NPC have been promoted to Playable Characters.
5) What’s the style of the Character Growth System?
Koinuma: “One Piece” fans enjoy playing casually, so we avoid the difficult system. Characters grow naturally as you play, the system aligns with how your collection grows, which allows you to meet criteria in the original game modes, configuring them how you want them.
6) What are the differences between the platforms?
Koinuma: I keep wanting to put more into the PS3/PS Vita versions. On the PS4, the playable demo shows the minimum number of enemies we can have, the visuals still amazing.
7) Is there multiplayer in this one?
Koinuma: Co-op play is the same as it was in the previous games. Incidentally, Kizuna Rush has no relation to the “Sengoku Warriors” partner system. We can Share Play on the PS4 Edition thanks to Bandai Namco’s efforts.
8) Audience participation is implemented through Share Play?
Koinuma: (Laughs) It’s being worked on. We can’t show it off right now.
9) Will there be a limited edition PS4 released?
Koinuma: (Laughs) I have no comment, but look out for announcements.
10) Did you know that “One Piece” is pretty popular in Taiwan?
Sasaki: I expected the popularity to be high. There’s a popular local “One Piece Exhibition”, so that immediately told me of it’s popularity. When I come here for the game, we get good feedback from the Asian users. At least I think.
Koinuma: It’s also popular in Europe.
Sasaki: It’s especially popular in Japan.
Koinuma: In the anime, I thought, “No way are they using this voice actor!”
Sasaki: We’re talking about Furuya Tohru.
Koinuma: He was in “Gundam Warriors” (Laughs)
Sasaki: He was also in “Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers” (Laughs)
Thanks for the tip Kirameki.