PDA

View Full Version : No Double Posting

Kira
07-11-2014, 10:21 PM
Please do not double post in threads. I noticed a handful of users doing this and I had to go merge their double or triple postings. Only double post if it's necessary for like a news update for example.

Those who are caught doing this after the cleanup may have their post emblems removed and a possible infraction.

Young Master
07-11-2014, 10:22 PM
I only did it once in the Funimation One Piece thread because I couldn't put two vids in one post.

Kira
07-11-2014, 10:24 PM
I only did it once in the Funimation One Piece thread because I couldn't put two vids in one post.

I see. I'll have someone look into that.

MyFavoriteThings
07-11-2014, 10:28 PM
You can only embed one vid at a time it seems, yeah.

You can just link the others though. It helps save space for people with limited bandwith or stone age computers, enforcing your videos on their fossil like that will 'cause them to go really slowly. And that's just one post.

Imagine multiple posts with a lot of videos embedded at once?

BUT YEAH TOTALLY DO IT, I WANNA POST ALL THE VIDS.

Antdog
07-11-2014, 10:38 PM
What? No more double posting? But but but I make my living off of double posting ;_;

Bardock3601
07-11-2014, 11:00 PM
Yeah i think i did this, i just forget to edit old posts instead

Yomi
07-12-2014, 12:00 AM
I've noticed a few that have merged. It all makes sense now.

Santoryu
07-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Does this apply to the Shadow Realm as well or will you be more leniient due to its classification as a spam subforum?

Shonen
07-12-2014, 12:14 AM
Does this apply to the Shadow Realm as well or will you be more leniient due to its classification as a spam subforum?

I think we can be more lenient as long as it's not abused.

Mugetsu
07-12-2014, 12:15 AM
Yeh I might've done this by accident. Btw is there a way to put up videos from your computer or do they have to have a link?

Shonen
07-12-2014, 02:36 AM
Yeh I might've done this by accident. Btw is there a way to put up videos from your computer or do they have to have a link?

They have to be uploaded in a video service website.

SolfZ_Wolf
07-12-2014, 07:22 AM
This is a good addition to the rules. because i noticed one person in particular do it multiple times (Not naming names)

Ootsutsuki
07-12-2014, 11:32 AM
I think I might of done it a couple of times, not sure though in all honesty. Does making a post and someone replying right away then I reply right away and so on, count as double posting?

Kira
07-12-2014, 03:28 PM
I think I might of done it a couple of times, not sure though in all honesty. Does making a post and someone replying right away then I reply right away and so on, count as double posting?

Double posting is literally just posting twice without letting someone else reply in between. You can have a conversation but don't make two or three posts at once.

Ootsutsuki
07-12-2014, 03:43 PM
Double posting is literally just posting twice without letting someone else reply in between. You can have a conversation but don't make two or three posts at once.

Got it.

John
07-12-2014, 05:08 PM
do we still have to wait for someone to post after you even after like a few hours/days of no replies? or do we still have to edit our last post?

some forums i've been on enforced this differently.

Tatsumi Oga & Baby Beel
07-12-2014, 05:25 PM
I've noticed a few that have merged. It all makes sense now.

Really? Then can you explain to me? I feel like I can only make one post to a thread at time.

Kira
07-12-2014, 05:57 PM
do we still have to wait for someone to post after you even after like a few hours/days of no replies? or do we still have to edit our last post?

some forums i've been on enforced this differently.

If there's an important update/piece of information it can be bumped. More or less trying to get rid of people double posting for the sake of post count or to make an unnecessary bump.

There are exceptions of course though.

Kaguya
07-13-2014, 03:27 PM
Noted...

Here's another potential exception. There are mobile devices with character limitations. For example, if a member is posting on a cellphone and they make a lengthy post, chances are they are going to double post. In situations like that, I think that it is alright to merge the post instead of deleting/infracting. Especially if they provide an explanation in one of the posts.

I know some people that double post simply because they don't know how to quote multiple replies. It's quite obvious when you see it happening. Instead of penalizing them, it's probably better to teach them how to Multi-Quote. Some boards don't have that feature, but this one does.

Kira
07-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Noted...

Here's another potential exception. There are mobile devices with character limitations. For example, if a member is posting on a cellphone and they make a lengthy post, chances are they are going to double post. In situations like that, I think that it is alright to merge the post instead of deleting/infracting. Especially if they provide an explanation in one of the posts.

Of course there will be exceptions to the double posting rule but it really is a pain to go back and merge everyone's posts who decided to do it just because.

Kaguya
07-13-2014, 03:47 PM
Of course there will be exceptions to the double posting rule but it really is a pain to go back and merge everyone's posts who decided to do it just because.

Indeed it is.

I'm sure it'll happen less frequently after this announcement though. Although it's usually not done intentionally (for example, like the multi-quote thing I just edited in a previous post) when it's discouraged like this.