PDA

View Full Version : Manga Recommendations?

Minato
07-16-2014, 05:22 AM
Anybody know any good mangas?
I'm currently reading Akame Ga Kill and Naruto

Urahara
07-16-2014, 02:44 PM
Any type of genre you prefer?

Minato
07-16-2014, 07:11 PM
Not really, but if anything probably something similar to Akame Ga Kill

Urahara
07-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Never watched or read that one. My cousin told me it was bloody, so you might like Terra Formars. For a better plot I'd advice you to read Guyver. Only downside is that the first chapter were published back in the 80s, so the scanlations for the first 60 chapters might look old. Anime is amazing though(New 2005 version)

Mugetsu
07-16-2014, 11:00 PM
Manga for Tokyo Ghoul, Deadman Wonderland, Rosario Vampire (anime aside, it's actually pretty badass at times), Bleach of course :3
Attack on Titan's manga is good, Magi, Fairy Tail's manga is pretty good thus far, Hunter x Hunter... that's all I got off the top of my head.

SurgeonOfDeath
07-16-2014, 11:43 PM
One Piece. It's long as hell but it's worth it. Some people like it. But it's the highest rated manga of all time, so that should tell ya.

Other than that, Attack on Titan. Watch the anime first (only 25 episodes), then catch up with the manga. It's a new manga that's gaining speed real fast and will without a doubt become a masterpiece later on.

Minato
07-16-2014, 11:47 PM
Ok thank you guys I will look into these later :)

Yugiboy
07-18-2014, 03:04 PM
Honestly, if "attack on titan" didn't have an anime adaptation, it wouldn't be as popular as it is now. I'm not *****ing since I'm more or less caught up with the manga (only 1 or 2 chapters to read) but I can't disregard the fact that it is really poorly drawn.

Again, I'm not saying I don't like it.

Now, on to a manga recommandation:

If you like any story that has something to do with mysteries and conspiracies, then I would like you to read "20th century boys". It's really good. I would recommend "Monster" but I haven't read or seen it. Though, from what I've heard, it's also very good. Both are from the same author BTW.

Then, I can recommend "Hunter x Hunter" (obvious lol). Even though the art is well, not that good, the story is epic. It is, in some ways, a better version of naruto. You will find that the beginning of the story is very simmilar to naruto's first arcs, mostly the chuunin exam but keep in mind that hunter x hunter came out before naruto. If you really can't stand the art then watch the 2011 anime adaptation that is still ongoing.

Minato
07-18-2014, 09:17 PM
Honestly, if "attack on titan" didn't have an anime adaptation, it wouldn't be as popular as it is now. I'm not *****ing since I'm more or less caught up with the manga (only 1 or 2 chapters to read) but I can't disregard the fact that it is really poorly drawn.

Again, I'm not saying I don't like it.

Now, on to a manga recommandation:

If you like any story that has something to do with mysteries and conspiracies, then I would like you to read "20th century boys". It's really good. I would recommend "Monster" but I haven't read or seen it. Though, from what I've heard, it's also very good. Both are from the same author BTW.

Then, I can recommend "Hunter x Hunter" (obvious lol). Even though the art is well, not that good, the story is epic. It is, in some ways, a better version of naruto. You will find that the beginning of the story is very simmilar to naruto's first arcs, mostly the chuunin exam but keep in mind that hunter x hunter came out before naruto. If you really can't stand the art then watch the 2011 anime adaptation that is still ongoing.

Well if its similar to naruto then I'll defnitely give it a shot.