PDA

View Full Version : How can i get rid of an infraction?

Brandon Lee
08-01-2014, 04:34 AM
i have an unfair infraction and it says it costed me -2 points, i don't even know what that is, and i want to know how i can get rid of this horrible punishment.

Kaguya
08-01-2014, 04:57 AM
From what I understand, after you accumulate a specific amount of points, you receive an automatic ban. Alternatively, they can be used as warnings.

If you receive a lot of points for a single infraction then you've committed a serious offense.

Your infraction will expire unless the moderator chose to make it permanent.

If you think that your infraction is unjustifiable, I suggest that you consult Shonen - the administrator - about it. Provide legitimate reasons why you think it is unfair.

Remember, infractions can be reversed. Yours will probably expire, so you shouldn't worry about it too much. Though I suggest avoid doing whatever got you the infraction in the first place.

Although I'm familiar with vBulletin, a lot of this is speculation because punishment systems vary. The forum is relatively new, too. So we won't know until it's explained to everyone officially.

Santoryu
08-01-2014, 05:18 AM
What did you get it for? I bet some loser reported you because they can't take a joke.

Electrorocket
08-01-2014, 05:36 AM
What did you get it for? I bet some loser reported you because they can't take a joke.

Jokes can't be tooken anymore.

Straight up tooken 2 with Liam Neesons Royce Da Five Nine sucka malucka.

RyuujiTK
08-01-2014, 12:24 PM
i have an unfair infraction and it says it costed me -2 points, i don't even know what that is, and i want to know how i can get rid of this horrible punishment.

Your infraction is currently set to expire 08-23-2014.

Looking at the notes in your profile, the only thing listed was "Inappropriate Behavior". I cannot make a decision or remove the infraction early based on this information alone. If you have any more information as to why you think it was left, you're welcome to send me a PM and I'll try to resolve this issue for you.

Zoro
08-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Looks like someone is, once again, on his way to getting permanently banned.

Rendarg
08-01-2014, 05:47 PM
so, the forum tells you about some kind of infraction, but it doesn't show you the reason behind it?

Mugetsu
08-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Somebody said punishment? http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131011104831/fairytailcouples/images/f/ff/Juvia_%3D_Virgo_(Punishment).png

Kaguya
08-01-2014, 10:17 PM
so, the forum tells you about some kind of infraction, but it doesn't show you the reason behind it?

Not necessarily. To my understanding, this is how it works:

There are automatic reasons like spamming or harassment, for example. Hypothetically, let's say that those are worth 1 infraction point each and that they always expire within a month. If a moderator selects one of the predetermined infraction reasons, then the user would receive a notification stating that they spammed or harassed someone and that they were infracted for doing so. Additionally, there is an option that allows moderators to provide custom infractions. What this means is that the moderator can choose the number of infraction points, provide an explanation, and choose when it expires. For example, let's say that nudity isn't tolerated here, as well as swearing. However, those rules aren't selectable in the list of automatic infraction reasons, so a moderator would then choose to give out a custom infraction. Now, pretend that I broke both of those rules - posting nudity and bypassing the censors - as well as spamming, all in a single post. Instead of simply infracting me for spamming, the moderator can list every rule that I broke and provide the appropriate amount of points and expiration date, if any.

Now, let's pretend that receiving 100 infraction points is an automatic ban, and that the custom infraction I received was worth 100 points. The moderator would then have to provide a ban reason and a reason for the infraction.

What RyuujiTK was talking about is called administrative notes. These are brief explanations about the infractions a member receives that other forum leaders can view. I assume that RyuujiTK isn't the person who infracted Brandon Lee. Administrative notes are usually optional. RjuujiTK knows that Brandon Lee was infracted for bad behavior. That was the administrative note that the moderator chose to leave behind.

Infractions are like private messages (in fact, they show up in your inbox) and they are strictly between the sender and receiver. On top of automatic and custom infractions, which each provide explanations, moderators have the option to talk about why they are giving the infraction, etc. Overall, it would look like this:

You have received an infraction at ShonenGamez
-----------------
Reason: nudity, spamming, bypassing censors
-----------------
Originally posted by Kaguya: <insert bad post here>
------------------
This infraction will expire: never
------------------

Hey, Kaguya. This is ModGuy123. I'm just here to let you know that you aren't allowed to post photographs of your boobs. It's against the rules. Do it again and you are banned forever.

Also, spamming is prohibited. If you do not know what that means then blah blah blah blah

If you have any questions yada yada tada

Sincerely,

ModGuy123

If I was banned, I'd get all of that and I would get a message explaining the ban.

If ModGuy123 wanted to let the other mods know that I'm a troublemaker, he could leave an administrative note that would appear on my profile. Let's say that ModGuy123 felt like the infraction was informative enough already, so the administrative note only says, "Broke a bunch of rules; she's been very naughty."

Anyway, my point is that the forum makes sure that the member is well aware of why they are being infracted. Automatic reasons are straightforward but moderators have the option to expand upon them (because infractions are presented like private messages and moderators can create a message like in the example above) and/or provide custom reasons. On top of that there are administrative notes.

It's something like that at least. If I am correct then Brandon Lee should know why he got infracted. Judging from his post, it seems like he merely does not agree with his punishment. If so, that is an entirely different issue.

However, if somehow Brandon Lee doesn't know the reason he has been infracted (that may be possible if I am wrong about how infractions work), then the person who infracted him didn't take the time to provide all of the necessary information. It is optional, but the person who infracted him could have saved a copy of the infraction in their inbox. They can examine it at any time. They can probably forward it, too, if needed.

Brandon Lee
08-01-2014, 11:51 PM
oh god Kagura, are you a mod? and if you are not, i guess you want to be one, thank you btw.

@santoryu i know, people nowadays don't know how to take a joke without making it now to the respective authorithies, i guess i chose bad my target, mine was mature enough to not join my shit.

Kaguya
08-02-2014, 02:20 AM
You are wrong on both counts, friend, but no problem. ^_^

Anyone with a limited knowledge of vBulletin can take an educated guess. That's all I'm doing, though: guessing. Take the information that I've posted in this thread with a grain of salt. I just hope that it's useful to an extent.

Madara
08-02-2014, 06:48 AM
Not necessarily. To my understanding, this is how it works:

There are automatic reasons like spamming or harassment, for example. Hypothetically, let's say that those are worth 1 infraction point each and that they always expire within a month. If a moderator selects one of the predetermined infraction reasons, then the user would receive a notification stating that they spammed or harassed someone and that they were infracted for doing so. Additionally, there is an option that allows moderators to provide custom infractions. What this means is that the moderator can choose the number of infraction points, provide an explanation, and choose when it expires. For example, let's say that nudity isn't tolerated here, as well as swearing. However, those rules aren't selectable in the list of automatic infraction reasons, so a moderator would then choose to give out a custom infraction. Now, pretend that I broke both of those rules - posting nudity and bypassing the censors - as well as spamming, all in a single post. Instead of simply infracting me for spamming, the moderator can list every rule that I broke and provide the appropriate amount of points and expiration date, if any.

Now, let's pretend that receiving 100 infraction points is an automatic ban, and that the custom infraction I received was worth 100 points. The moderator would then have to provide a ban reason and a reason for the infraction.

What RyuujiTK was talking about is called administrative notes. These are brief explanations about the infractions a member receives that other forum leaders can view. I assume that RyuujiTK isn't the person who infracted Brandon Lee. Administrative notes are usually optional. RjuujiTK knows that Brandon Lee was infracted for bad behavior. That was the administrative note that the moderator chose to leave behind.

Infractions are like private messages (in fact, they show up in your inbox) and they are strictly between the sender and receiver. On top of automatic and custom infractions, which each provide explanations, moderators have the option to talk about why they are giving the infraction, etc. Overall, it would look like this:

If I was banned, I'd get all of that and I would get a message explaining the ban.

If ModGuy123 wanted to let the other mods know that I'm a troublemaker, he could leave an administrative note that would appear on my profile. Let's say that ModGuy123 felt like the infraction was informative enough already, so the administrative note only says, "Broke a bunch of rules; she's been very naughty."

Anyway, my point is that the forum makes sure that the member is well aware of why they are being infracted. Automatic reasons are straightforward but moderators have the option to expand upon them (because infractions are presented like private messages and moderators can create a message like in the example above) and/or provide custom reasons. On top of that there are administrative notes.

It's something like that at least. If I am correct then Brandon Lee should know why he got infracted. Judging from his post, it seems like he merely does not agree with his punishment. If so, that is an entirely different issue.

However, if somehow Brandon Lee doesn't know the reason he has been infracted (that may be possible if I am wrong about how infractions work), then the person who infracted him didn't take the time to provide all of the necessary information. It is optional, but the person who infracted him could have saved a copy of the infraction in their inbox. They can examine it at any time. They can probably forward it, too, if needed.

I just want to post in this thread to say tl;dr.

Kaguya
08-02-2014, 06:56 AM
Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Anyway, since that did not contribute to anything worthwhile, there's really nothing else to discuss unless a moderator wants to clarify lol.

Uh, good luck, Brandon Lee; it'll expire soon anyhow.

Electrorocket
08-02-2014, 07:34 AM
Sometimes you just have to watch the Colbert Report, and everything begins to make more and more sense.

Santoryu
08-02-2014, 10:27 AM
My two infractions over at SI took a year to expire. I forgot about them before they expired and it really didn't make me act any differently than usual.

Fight the power BL

Young Master
08-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Dat youth.

Kira
08-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Brandon,

You negged another member here and said that you wish their family/family members would die. You're lucky another mod only infracted you for that because I would of personally gotten rid of you.

Brandon Lee
08-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Brandon,

You negged another member here and said that you wish their family/family members would die. You're lucky another mod only infracted you for that because I would of personally gotten rid of you.

well that was long time ago, i have no problem with that guy anymore, also, you didn't need to make it public, you just want to make me feel bad.

Kira
08-02-2014, 08:46 PM
well that was long time ago, i have no problem with that guy anymore, also, you didn't need to make it public, you just want to make me feel bad.

Well don't ask why you got an infraction when you know why you got it.

Next time I see you going to that extreme I'm personally banning you. I don't get how you can say something so cruel to someone like that. We don't tolerate that kind of behavior here.

Brandon Lee
08-02-2014, 09:40 PM
Well don't ask why you got an infraction when you know why you got it.

Next time I see you going to that extreme I'm personally banning you. I don't get how you can say something so cruel to someone like that. We don't tolerate that kind of behavior here.

well bro, i don't want to be more polemic, but i never asked that, i just wanted to know how to get rid of the punishment not how i got it.

just tell me what those -2 points are, answer my question and feel free to lock the thread if you want.

RyuujiTK
08-03-2014, 12:06 AM
well bro, i don't want to be more polemic, but i never asked that, i just wanted to know how to get rid of the punishment not how i got it.

just tell me what those -2 points are, answer my question and feel free to lock the thread if you want.

This thread is going on longer than it needs to be. As Kaguya stated in his/her earlier posts, infractions follow a system like that. Thanks again for explaining all of that Kaguya.

Another moderator infracted you using a custom reason, but didn't leave any information as to why you were receiving the -2 points other than "Inappropriate Behavior". Going on that alone, I could not personally go into your profile and remove the -2 points because I did not clearly understand the moderators reasoning behind this. That is also why I was unable to properly answer your original question or provide you with information on how to remove it without first contacting that moderator.

Now addressing the issue: While some forums may be more lenient towards the situation, we follow our forum guidelines seriously as we want to create a polite and friendly environment to all our members at ShonenGameZ. So I hope you don't take any offense to the moderator that infracted your account as he was just following our rules.

At the same time I do apologise for taking so long to address this matter as well as making the information about your situation public. While your statement may be against our rules, we should not have not publicly displayed it. On behalf of all the staff members involved in this situation, I truly apologise for any delay and/or unprofessionalism in handling your inquiry.

Clearing up any confusion: You wanted to know what the -2 points were on your account? Our system currently works as follows:

Warning - 0 Points, This is to bring attention to any borderline behavior

Minor - 2 Points, Spammed Advertisements, Insulted Other Member(s), Signature Rule Violation, Inappropriate Language. These will be lifted 10 days after receiving them.

Serious - 4 Points, and an account is jailed while they have four or more points.
At 8 points, you are banned until enough infractions expire for you to drop below 8.

Permanent Ban - 10 Points, which is generally only done for especially bad behavior or a general history of below acceptable behavior.

*Even at 10 points, you're not necessarily permanently banned, but you're really on some thin ice since 10 points takes quite a few infractions to achieve.

As for how to get rid of your -2 points, you don't need to do anything. These points on your account were set to automatically be lifted 08-23-2014. I have moved that date up to 8-8-2014. After they are removed you can continue to use your account without any issues. If I have answered all your questions feel free to reply & I'll proceed to closing this thread. If there's anything else you want to know about, don't hesitate to ask & either I or another one of our moderators will try to assist you.