PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman Producer wants to make live action Naruto movie?

RockSauron
08-02-2014, 10:57 PM
http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=998393

Well, wouldn't that be the most peculiar thing.

Tatsumi Oga & Baby Beel
08-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Well, all the fan made films kinda suck, maybe a big shot producing company might make it look nice.

Ed93david
08-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Yeah this goes without saying but no, there will have better luck with ghost in a shell than Naruto, Hollywood almost never does any justice to any kind of adaptation their movies are based on.

Young Master
08-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Live action anime is a nono.

Mugetsu
08-04-2014, 08:45 PM
I'm kind of looking forward to it. It'd be fun to see how horribly they butcher it. This has the potential to be big, like, Dragonball Evolution big! Or The Last Airbender!

Tatsumi Oga & Baby Beel
08-04-2014, 10:53 PM
All we know is, that most anime live action adaptations usually end up sucking, so don't have hopes high for a good one. But who knows...who....knows...

RockSauron
08-05-2014, 01:00 AM
Comic book superhero movies are getting better, but that's because they're mythologies. There is no single, definite Batman or Iron Man story, while there is one main Naruto story. They obviously can't condense all 700+ chapters into a single movie, and they can't do all the plot points even if they were to make a trilogy... The only real answer is to remake the story in a heavily edited way. Which could be cool, but it will be bad.

Lucian
08-05-2014, 03:11 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have low expectations for live action anime movies (Naruto especially), but who knows seeing as how the Spiderman movies are pretty good.

Comic book superhero movies are getting better, but that's because they're mythologies. There is no single, definite Batman or Iron Man story, while there is one main Naruto story. They obviously can't condense all 700+ chapters into a single movie, and they can't do all the plot points even if they were to make a trilogy... The only real answer is to remake the story in a heavily edited way. Which could be cool, but it will be bad.

Well obviously they can't, they'll have to make multiple movies (probably 3-4) for part 1 alone, and I predict it will get the Dragon Ball Evolution treatment, cutting out several plot supporting details, just to fit things into 1 movie.
For example:

Movie 1: Introducing Naruto as the main character, Sasuke, and Sakura as team 7, and Kakashi as the team 7 leader and focus on the gennin training/land of waves arc, or omit the land waves arc after they meet and show them doing a few missions and say they're ready for the chuunin exams.

Movie 2: If movie 1 focuses on the land of waves arc, then movie 2 will probably focus on the chuunin exams.

Movie 3 (or 2): Focus on the finding Tsunade arc.

Movie 4 (or 3): Focus on the search for Sasuke arc.

Ninja
08-05-2014, 03:28 AM
Oh a Naruto movie cool cool.

WAIT HOLD THE **** UP. A LIVE ACTION MOVIE?!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o19CaOSuD8

Santoryu
08-05-2014, 04:30 AM
Is this Webb or is he only a director?

They need to focus on Spider-man because from information i've heard their next couple of movies could flop badly

Edit: I just saw who the producer is. This man has ****ed more comic movies than all the Nardo fans combined (by my counts around 11). He can't adapt source material for shit and he'd end up ruining part 1 NAruto for the fans

Antdog
08-05-2014, 09:41 AM
This is prolly gonna end up bad like TLAB or DBE sadly, I prolly wait until I can watch it online then watch it for free to get a bunch of laughs out of how they mess it up

Hyper
08-05-2014, 03:17 PM
It should be directed by M. Night Shyamalan just for laughs.

Raijin
08-10-2014, 11:48 PM
oh please no more live action anime movies :|

kenteedi
08-12-2014, 12:35 PM
I'll be optimistic about it and keep my fingers crossed:)