PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions Thread

Dei
08-03-2014, 01:49 AM
There's no thread here, so I thought I'd lay this here. As the title suggests, just write up your suggestions for this forum here.

Brandon Lee
08-03-2014, 02:21 AM
a Team Gai skin.

new emoticons and gifs.

more mods

more members

first comment
first hokage
first gate open.

RyuujiTK
08-03-2014, 02:36 AM
a Team Gai skin.

new emoticons and gifs.

more mods

more members

first comment
first hokage
first gate open.

1.) A team Gai skin would be interesting, so I'll write that down for the future.

2.) I am currently the only one drawing and designing these forum images so it may take some time. "That goes for new skins as well"

3.) Any recommendations?

4.) We'll work on that one :)

Lucian
08-03-2014, 04:08 AM
1. Options to change the forums skin/background. Since it's called Shonen games I'm guessing a variety of things from Shonen possibly? FMA, Bleach, DBZ ect.
2. Is it possible to have a games or arcade section?

Lunario
08-03-2014, 06:46 AM
- A gfx section

- A forum for stuff outside of anime/manga/gaming. Stuff like tv, movies, books, sports, etc. I don't use all of these very much, but I'm sure some people would miss this space.

- Show the name of the posters on the "latest posts" section perhaps

Edit: forget #3, just noticed I just have to put the cursor over their avatar lol

Kaguya
08-03-2014, 04:26 PM
This is only if there already isn't one: I suggest a subforum where reported posts appear that is only visible to forum leaders.

Member ranks are being updated still, so I have suggestions regarding the rewards. Try to make sure that the rank bonuses are distributed in a way that rewards members through the entire journey. For instance, what if the reward for the Wing Spiker rank (30+ posts), was increasing the inbox limit from 50 to 60? Then for the Student Council President Rank (100+ posts), which is more of a milestone, you increase the inbox limit from 60 to 100. That way, both ranks get some type of reward; currently, that is not the case. Further down the line, you can increase it again. Let's say to 300 or so when a specific rank is achieved.

I noticed that a lot of people are enthusiastic about the avatar sizes here. Is this going to be a rank bonus that is given early on? If there is one, it should be that, in my opinion.

The foum is new and we're all still becoming acquainted with one another, so user name changes aren't necessary yet, but somewhere down the line I think it would be a nice addition to have.

Since people are suggesting GFX contests and such, perhaps the winners can receive medals.

RyuujiTK
08-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Glad to see there's a lot of new suggestions. Going down the list of unanswered suggestions:

@Lucian

Not sure how the other moderators feel yet, but I'm open to the possibility of more skins from various shonen anime. I'll create a thread/poll down the line so everyone can choose and vote on which themes they'd want to add most when the time comes.

@Lucian & Lunario

As for all the questions on sections, I will add a gfx section. For other sections outside of anime, gaming etc we currently have the "Misc" section. I'll try to expand on it so it's better organised.

@Kaguya

I've set a subforum up now for reported posts, & I'll note the name change request.

As for Member ranks, they'll be adjusted so the rewards feel more like accomplishments & get better as you progress. I've also noticed the interest in avatar sizes, so I'll keep that bonus around "Wing Spiker" (30+ posts) & SGZ Regular (65+ posts) if everyone agrees with it.

Contest medals were also on my to-do list, I just can't draw that fast ^^;

Iris Heart
08-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Im thinking maybe daily or weekly polls related to all anime & maybe member made polls aswell. have a place in the forums just for polls so we can vote on random stuff.

Zoro
08-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Due to the fact that this forum lacks BD trolls and annoying Narutards, it would be a great idea to have a BattleDome section.

Edit: tbh, there is one.

SurgeonOfDeath
08-04-2014, 11:03 PM
A lot of the suggestions above I know for a fact a lot of users want.

I just have one question, how close are you to making more post rank image things (wing spiker, SGZ regular, etc). I trust you're working on it and no rush, I'm just curious is all :p

RyuujiTK
08-05-2014, 02:07 AM
A lot of the suggestions above I know for a fact a lot of users want.

I just have one question, how close are you to making more post rank image things (wing spiker, SGZ regular, etc). I trust you're working on it and no rush, I'm just curious is all :p

I haven't had a chance to work on member ranks in a while due to my schedule. The next set of member ranks should be updated this week.

@Iris Heart
That's a good idea, I'll see if I can set that up.

@Zoro
I'm unaware of the term "BattleDome", so if anyone could shed some light on the subject, I'll see if we can do that.

Zoro
08-05-2014, 02:29 AM
[email protected]
I'm unaware of the term "BattleDome", so if anyone could shed some light on the subject, I'll see if we can do that.

BattleDome is a section in which one can start threads involving two or more Anime/Manga/Comics etc. characters put against each other in a hypothetical conflict. A member starts a Vs. thread, and other members will respond by saying who the winner of the fight is and provide evidence (feats) as to why they think the character they are supporting would win the fight. That may lead to good debates and will add more activity to the forum. You can call it Shonen BattleDome, SGZ BattleDome or whatever you want to call it.

RyuujiTK
08-05-2014, 02:44 AM
That sounds like an interesting section. I'll pass the BattleDome idea to the rest of the admins to see if they're up for it as well.

Zoro
08-05-2014, 03:07 AM
That sounds like an interesting section. I'll pass the BattleDome idea to the rest of the admins to see if they're up for it as well.

Thanks for considering my suggestion. If you want to see an example of a BD thread, go to SI's or NF's BattleDome.

Brandon Lee
08-05-2014, 04:22 PM
we should have a Sport Section as well.

Santoryu
08-08-2014, 04:42 AM
Is it possible to include a feature to preview how an avatar will look? I'm constantly fearful that the one I upload will look shit and then I'll lose my previous one

Kaguya
08-08-2014, 04:36 PM
When it comes to forums, "how-to" guides are sine qua non, in my opinion. Fortunately, it seems as though a majority of people here already understand how things work. Furthermore, this place has a very helpful FAQ page.

However, I think that instructional threads might still be useful for those who require more detailed explanations regarding certain features. So my suggestion is this: is it all right if I post a couple of "how-to" threads in the Help Section?

Is it possible to include a feature to preview how an avatar will look? I'm constantly fearful that the one I upload will look shit and then I'll lose my previous one

That sounds very convenient! Personally, I like the idea. However, if it's possible to implement, I would not recommend a preview page for avatars because they require an upload onto the server (unless they are URL based). As a result, implementing a preview page would mean that two avatars would be stored on an account simultaneously, which would eat up bandwidth and take up storage space on the server.

I would recommend saving your old avatar on your computer right before you change it, just in case. If you can't or don't want to do that, another alternative is to create a photo albulm on your profile specifically for avatars. That way, you always have the option to go back and use old ones you like at any given time.

Dei
08-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Or just preview it in an image editor...

Kaguya
08-08-2014, 05:04 PM
^Yep, or that. You'll be able to resize the avatar and see what it looks like ahead of time.

I use www.ezimba.com

RyuujiTK
08-08-2014, 07:22 PM
When it comes to forums, "how-to" guides are sine qua non, in my opinion. Fortunately, it seems as though a majority of people here already understand how things work. Furthermore, this place has a very helpful FAQ page.

However, I think that instructional threads might still be useful for those who require more detailed explanations regarding certain features. So my suggestion is this: is it all right if I post a couple of "how-to" threads in the Help Section?

You're more than welcome to post "how-to" threads in the Help Section of the forum. You can sticky them as well so they're not pushed down by other inquiries within that section.

@Santoryu
The other members posted great alternatives to your question. I'll still look into writing a preview feature to make it easier on everyone.

@Brandon Lee
The other staff members aren't interested in expanding sections just yet.

Antdog
08-08-2014, 11:56 PM
Could there be a thread where people can give suggestions(or even summit) some smiles/emicon? Since this place is new I could understand not having one now but for when the forum grows 152

Shonen
08-09-2014, 01:34 AM
Could there be a thread where people can give suggestions(or even summit) some smiles/emicon? Since this place is new I could understand not having one now but for when the forum grows 152

You can always send me any emoticons you wish to be added.

Young Master
08-09-2014, 01:46 AM

Yeah man, I need me a Doffy emote. http://i.imgur.com/Ls6JsZC.png

Zoro
08-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Still waiting for a BattleDome section. :)

Yeah man, I need me a Doffy emote. http://i.imgur.com/Ls6JsZC.png

Awesome emoticon lol.

Dimples
08-09-2014, 03:41 PM
What about custom emoticons? It's a feature that allows us to upload our own emoticons and create shortcuts for them like this :dimples:

Instead of a recommendation thread, we can have a "share your emoticon collection" topic, since adding that would no longer require emoticons to be approved on an individual basis.

Kira
08-09-2014, 03:49 PM

We're having some custom ones made and should be done in a week or so. But we can probably add a few different ones as long as they're really good.

Raijin
08-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Every time I come back, this place gets more and more advanced. Thank you for your hard work, team of shonen gamez!!

Hikaru
08-11-2014, 06:46 PM
Can we do something about the short log-out time of this forum? I feel like a lot of time when I write posts, I get timed out, and have to log in again before posting. :)

Young Master
08-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Can we do something about the short log-out time of this forum? I feel like a lot of time when I write posts, I get timed out, and have to log in again before posting. :)

Did you click "remember me"? I haven't been signed out since I made my account.

Shonen
08-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Did you click "remember me"? I haven't been signed out since I made my account.

This should solved it.

Unless you want to not put "Remember Me" then I guess we can extend the time out.

Madara
08-12-2014, 07:01 AM
This request is probably a bit of a stretch and has about a fraction of a percent of happening, but I do feel like several others are on board with me in this issue.

My primary problem with Saiyan Island (which the majority of the members here are from), other than the admin being a complete joke, was that they treated us like immature kids that couldn't resolve our own problems and handed out punishments for the most ridiculous things, like flaming, racism, and drawing dicks on a certain picture of someone.

Why not take a YouTube type of approach (save for the copyright infringement and all that nonsense) and only punish members that are reported for inappropriate behavior? I would have to imagine we're all old and mature enough that we can block or ignore individuals that are harassing or offending us. In the worst case, you mods and admins are here for a reason and we can put the matters in your hands, but I just don't see the need for you guys to say "be polite and obey the rules. Read the terms blah blah blah" every time I say the word "****" or tell someone they're an idiot *hyperbole*.

I'm certainly not saying you should enforce crude, offensive behavior, but I also don't think you need to hold our hands and treat us like we aren't capable of taking care of ourselves. After all, this is the internet.

RyuujiTK
08-12-2014, 01:25 PM
Madara

We understand a majority of the members that come to our site are over the age of 18 & don't need to be treated like children.

As for taking a "YouTube" approach on the situation, that is what we currently do. We don't comment or get involved in the conversation unless a post is reported/brought to our attention by another member. No matter how small it is, if a user reports a post with evidence of a broken rule we are forced to take action on the issue. When I act on these reports, I'll leave a message reminding the reported member to be polite, or follow the Forum Guidelines (http://www.shonengamez.com/forum/showthread.php?15-Forum-Guidelines) when I believe that they are capable of handling the situation on their own without my help. This isn't to treat anyone as a child, but merely to state that I've acknowledged the report & will continue to moderate the conversation if it escalates.

We aren't trying to limit our members or make them feel like children. We do this for our members under the age of 18 & members that send in reports. While I understand this isn't the solution you intended, we will continue to handle reports in this manner with our public forum sections. But I may be able to provide an alternative. While we can't adjust the rules in our main forum open to everyone, joining our 18+ Members group will allow you to post more freely.

Madara
08-12-2014, 08:03 PM
That's actually more or less what I wanted. As long as you guys "stay out of our business" so to speak, unless it's reported, I'm content. Of course there are exceptions like being off topic or if it becomes a massive flamefest (copyrighted), you have every right to intervene. Don't get the wrong impression; I wasn't saying you should ignore posts or content that is reported.

As for the 18+ group, how would one go about joining this exclusive cool kids club?

Dei
08-12-2014, 08:53 PM
That's actually more or less what I wanted. As long as you guys "stay out of our business" so to speak, unless it's reported, I'm content. Of course there are exceptions like being off topic or if it becomes a massive flamefest (copyrighted), you have every right to intervene. Don't get the wrong impression; I wasn't saying you should ignore posts or content that is reported.

As for the 18+ group, how would one go about joining this exclusive cool kids club?

I'm sure we'll have people sneaking in to have a peak. Like any 18+ site (you know what I mean), they allow you to access the site without needed official proof of you being 18+. Unless you guys are going to inforce the 18 only rule for this "club", then just allow any member to join the section at their own risk.

RyuujiTK
08-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Madara

There will be more details in the forum update later this week, but you can still request to join now by doing the following: "Settings > Permission Groups > 18+Members > Join Group". Once you do that your name will be added to the request list, and you'll be approved by a group leader.

Dei

While it's hard to verify if everyone joining the group is over 18, they'll need to be at least a "SGZ Regular" before they can join. By that point we can judge based on the posts they've made.

Brandon Lee
08-16-2014, 05:01 AM
i suggest a sport/ healthy food section, i'd like to share and discuss about these topics.

Electrorocket
08-18-2014, 02:10 AM

I propose the Writers Block.

A place where people can post stories that are written, or talk about the idea of writing. This is rather different than the idea of talking about books, or reading. A place where writers can come together and.. write? Brainstorming and writing techniques can also be discussed here.

Personally I would have the Writers Block in the Misc. area, which is the one writing is most connected to in this particular forums. I would think the Writers Block would have 3 sub-folders.

Fanfic Folder (Speaks for itself)
Original Stories (Where original stories arise, not connected to any other media)
Brainstorm Area (Writers would talk about writing in general, or ideas they have)

There could also be one on the topic of stuff that has already been written, but that could just be done in the Brainstorm area. Also the names can obviously be anything else, just proposing the ideas.

Lemme know what you think.

Also, anyone know why my pics are so tiny looking? That is not the resolution I have them at lol.

Lucian
08-18-2014, 03:00 AM
Not sure how long this has been here, but I just noticed it, it made me wtf, but not in a bad way, it's actually pretty cool, I like it.

http://i.imgur.com/Kw6ySAY.png?1
Bo-Bo-Ku lol.

If we get palette/theme changes I hope we can get more stuff like it.

RyuujiTK
08-18-2014, 04:42 AM
i suggest a sport/ healthy food section, i'd like to share and discuss about these topics.

Those aren't bad ideas, when we expand on the "The World" section, those will definitely be sections.

Electrorocket I could see a section like that taking off and becoming really interesting. I'll see what I can do as far as implementing that.

Lucian If there's enough interest in logo/palette/theme changes, I'll make more.

Young Master
08-20-2014, 07:01 PM
Personal smilies, uploadable from your User CP

Is this a possible thing?

Dimples
08-20-2014, 07:04 PM
It should be. I made the suggestion earlier in this thread because I've seen it before.

Shonen
08-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Like Young Master, I haven't heard of such thing before but we will definitely look into it.

Young Master
08-20-2014, 07:18 PM
Like Young Master, I haven't heard of such thing before but we will definitely look into it.

I seen another forum advertising and they said they had this. I just wasn't sure if this actually existed or not. Would be a nice feature either way.

Kaguya
08-20-2014, 07:40 PM
It exists. I have used it in the past.

This topic is kind of old, but it should give you a general idea of the concept: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=115993

If you have any questions, I can definitely answer them for you.

Dark sasune
08-27-2014, 07:11 AM
I think we should have like a comic book section so people who are into comics can talk about new issues and stuff.

Hikaru
08-27-2014, 03:07 PM
This should solved it.

Unless you want to not put "Remember Me" then I guess we can extend the time out.
I have, but it still does that. Extending the time out surely wouldn't hurt ^^

Kira
08-30-2014, 05:02 PM
We're trying to think of some fresh ideas to increase activity here. If you guys have any ideas feel free to pitch them.

I'm not really keen on opening too many new sections because I feel we shouldn't have dead sections while we're still small but if your suggestion consists of a new section then bring it up anyway and maybe we can look into it.

Young Master
08-30-2014, 05:27 PM
Someplace on the forum where we can discuss the news on the home page. Maybe a section dedicated to home page news. Or advertise why the forum is better than disqus.

Kira
08-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Someplace on the forum where we can discuss the news on the home page. Maybe a section dedicated to home page news. Or advertise why the forum is better than disqus.

Wouldn't that interfere with the threads that are already talking about the game in particular?

Like how Pirate Warriors 3 has its own thread for news about that. I don't know, I thought it was a good idea at first but usually the games they cover have threads for it already.

As for Disqus, a lot of people who regularly comment on there make accounts on here from what I noticed. Usually if the front page does well (especially with Naruto Revolution coming up) then you'll see a lot of new members coming from the Disqus section.

Young Master
08-30-2014, 05:53 PM
Yeah, you're right. I guess, just advertise it more on the front page? Reasons why joining the forums is a good idea kinda thing, doesn't have to be in everyone's face but off to the side, out of the way.

Kira
08-30-2014, 07:18 PM
Yeah, you're right. I guess, just advertise it more on the front page? Reasons why joining the forums is a good idea kinda thing, doesn't have to be in everyone's face but off to the side, out of the way.

When the whole front page was redesigned I think the forum was mentioned.

The front page has been dead recently which kind of plays a huge role in bringing new members here. I mean I can talk to the writers but they'll most likely bet that when they get their Naruto copy next weekish the number of members here will increase (for better or worse).

SurgeonOfDeath
08-31-2014, 01:25 AM
You know how you guys have the ''latest posts'' box on the side of the forums? You should put that onto the main page as well. It'll get people interested in the forums, in fact it's how I joined my first forum so I know it works. :)

Young Master
08-31-2014, 02:19 AM
You know how you guys have the ''latest posts'' box on the side of the forums? You should put that onto the main page as well. It'll get people interested in the forums, in fact it's how I joined my first forum so I know it works. :)

That's actually a good idea. I'm sure someone will go "That's bullshit. You know what? I'm going to make an account and tell him".

Kira
08-31-2014, 02:27 AM

I think that's a good idea. Probably take recent posts from the gaming section or other "safe for the front page" recent posts. Since reading certain spam center posts in the front page might turn some people off.

SurgeonOfDeath
08-31-2014, 03:16 AM
That's actually a good idea. I'm sure someone will go "That's bullshit. You know what? I'm going to make an account and tell him".

Exactly. :)

Zoro
08-31-2014, 06:58 AM

I second that. Implementing this idea will surely bring a lot of people to the forum.

It's how I joined my first forum as well lol.

Kira
09-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Added :)

Young Master
09-01-2014, 05:40 PM
I see it. Very nice! Hopefully some more people will take interest.

SurgeonOfDeath
09-02-2014, 12:48 AM
Very nice! Glad to see my idea follow through.

Zoro
09-02-2014, 11:51 AM
I suggest that you extend the character limit. I once had to divide my post into four parts of 10000 characters to get it done.

Shonen
09-02-2014, 01:27 PM
I suggest that you extend the character limit. I once had to divide my post into four parts of 10000 characters to get it done.

That's no problem, gong to get it done now.
Kazuha The timeout has been extended to 1 hr.

edit: Zoro, character limit is now 50000.

Zoro
09-02-2014, 01:41 PM
50000 is perfect! Thanks, Shonen.

Edit: I have just merged my four posts into one.

RMGMDPunk
09-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Still waiting on my writing section lol.

RyuujiTK
09-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Still waiting on my writing section lol.

That should be coming soon after I get done testing a few things.

RockSauron
09-02-2014, 08:34 PM
A writing section? Hm...

Dunno if I could post my stuff here, unless there aren't any rules against nudge nudge, wink wink, boobs.

Electrorocket
09-02-2014, 09:02 PM
A writing section? Hm...

Dunno if I could post my stuff here, unless there aren't any rules against nudge nudge, wink wink, boobs.

I would assume that is fine, as long as you warn the readers. Or if there is a separate writing section in the Adult Lounge.

Kaguya
09-07-2014, 11:56 PM
I'll suggest profile music. What do guys think about it?

If it's ever added, should it be a feature that is enabled once a member reaches a specific rank?

RyuujiTK
09-08-2014, 12:34 AM
I'll suggest profile music. What do guys think about it?

If it's ever added, should it be a feature that is enabled once a member reaches a specific rank?

Profile music could be interesting, I'll work on that.

Kaguya
09-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Cool, thanks! If it is ever added, I wouldn't mind making a how-to guide in the Help section.

RyuujiTK
09-11-2014, 03:20 AM
Cool, thanks! If it is ever added, I wouldn't mind making a how-to guide in the Help section.

I've added a profile music player, for now it's limited to "First Month Members". It's pretty simple right now but I'm open to suggestions as far as functionality for it.

Young Master
09-11-2014, 03:54 AM
Now I just need to know what links I'm suppose to put in.

RyuujiTK
09-11-2014, 09:08 AM
Now I just need to know what links I'm suppose to put in.

They need to be .mp3 links. This site (http://kiwi6.com/artists/MarekIwaszkiewicz/fragile) for example has direct hotlinks like http://k006.kiwi6.com/hotlink/89egzfld8n/Fragile.mp3

Young Master
09-11-2014, 09:12 AM
Alright thanks, I'll mess around with that later.

Kaguya
09-18-2014, 01:32 AM
Cool, thank you! It is simple to use but I do not know if most people here are aware of its recent inclusion. Anyway, when I have the time, I'll post a guide to inform those who may have questions about its usage.

I was going to suggest the auto-play function but it is already enabled. Can we add more than one song (like 2-5 for example) to create a playlist? I know it's possible, but I haven't had the opportunity to test it here yet because I have not had access to a computer in a few days.

Antdog
09-18-2014, 02:01 AM
My profile song is sexy as hell. Good job Admins and Kaguya

Electrorocket
09-18-2014, 02:02 AM
They need to be .mp3 links. This site (http://kiwi6.com/artists/MarekIwaszkiewicz/fragile) for example has direct hotlinks like http://k006.kiwi6.com/hotlink/89egzfld8n/Fragile.mp3

Thank you for this! However I haven't posted one yet because I want it to be a song I've made.

Which means I would have to access files from long ago. And I'd have to use my bootcamp to switch over to my Mac, find the files, upload em, etc.

I'm much too lazy to press that many buttons.

Kira
09-18-2014, 02:06 AM

Your theme :lol:

Electrorocket
09-18-2014, 02:33 AM
Alright. I have a profile song now.

Yipee.

When I saw the suggestion though, I assumed that the profile music player was like, if I scrolled over another users post, I could play a song player under their avatar, allowing me to listen to that song that may or may not show the personality of that user.

Although I only thought that because I never visit users Profile pages, ever, and now that I realize they exist, I also realize VMing is a thing here.

Kaguya
09-18-2014, 06:40 PM
Alright, I tested it. We are only allowed to use one song at a time, like I assumed. So I suggest enabling playlists that let us have at least 2-5 songs on our profiles.

LOL that caught me by surprise. That is so great! Hahaha

Young Master
09-18-2014, 06:43 PM
Are there any other sites to get music from?

Kaguya
09-18-2014, 06:50 PM
MP3 Skull is another site that you can use. Though I am uncertain what you mean by "get music from".

You can also convert music off of youtube into mp3 format (www.youtube-mp3.org), so nearly any song is at your disposal.

Anyway, until the guide is up, if anyone doesn't know how to upload their own profile music (or if you're too lazy to figure it out, or if you are simply unable to do it), send me a private message and I will provide you with the download link to your song. You'll skip all of the tedious parts. Then all you would need to do is copy/paste/edit it on your profile under About Me.

Rendarg
09-18-2014, 07:41 PM
nice feature ^_^

Antdog
09-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Your theme :lol:

LOL that caught me by surprise. That is so great! Hahaha

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--EGQ0TIUnj4/UQuHYdIsJuI/AAAAAAAAN5w/5gt9DPwvAds/s1600/cat+saying+thank+you.gif

Young Master
09-18-2014, 09:32 PM
MP3 Skull is another site that you can use. Though I am uncertain what you mean by "get music from".

You can also convert music off of youtube into mp3 format (www.youtube-mp3.org), so nearly any song is at your disposal.

Anyway, until the guide is up, if anyone doesn't know how to upload their own profile music (or if you're too lazy to figure it out, or if you are simply unable to do it), send me a private message and I will provide you with the download link to your song. You'll skip all of the tedious parts. Then all you would need to do is copy/paste/edit it on your profile under About Me.

Thanks. Finally got it. ^^

Erza
09-18-2014, 10:04 PM
OMG, I love this feature.

Thank you Kaguya, and Admins! :D

Dimples
09-19-2014, 01:52 AM

It says that your inbox is full right now but can you please make this my profile song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jzSAgwqFSk

Rendarg
09-19-2014, 02:20 AM
It says that your inbox is full right now but can you please make this my profile song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jzSAgwqFSk

1. Go to this site http://www.youtube-mp3.org/
then copy the youtube link from the music you want to convert, paste it into the textfield, click convert

http://i.imgur.com/MByNapE.jpg

save the resulting mp3 file somewhere where you can easily find it later, your desktop for example

2. Go to this site http://kiwi6.com
make an account (i'm sure you know how to make an account, or you wouldn't be here in this forum ^_^ )
after you made your account, go to "upload files" on that site, click "browse" and then select the mp3 file you just converted from youtube

http://i.imgur.com/KouSocx.jpg

3. After you uploaded the file to kiwi6.com, you will then get a "Direct Hotlink" of the file. Copy this link.
Now on ShonenGamez go to your profile settings and paste it here:

http://i.imgur.com/JVjQIoT.jpg

Save changes to your profile, and you're done :)

Kaguya
09-19-2014, 02:26 AM
Thanks for that! Saved me the trouble of explaining it to her, hehe. Nice work. Very informative.

Rendarg
09-19-2014, 02:44 AM
hmm, do the pictures show up? i think my connection to imgur is ****ed up right now

Kira
09-19-2014, 02:54 AM
If you can make a separate thread on this that would be nice Rendarg :)

Rendarg
09-19-2014, 03:26 PM
sure, but i can't make a thread in the "Forum Rules & Guides" where it should probably be placed.

here you go http://www.shonengamez.com/forum/showthread.php?471-How-to-the-SGZ-profile-music-player
can you move it to the Guides section? thanks :)

Kira
09-19-2014, 10:45 PM
sure, but i can't make a thread in the "Forum Rules & Guides" where it should probably be placed.

here you go http://www.shonengamez.com/forum/showthread.php?471-How-to-the-SGZ-profile-music-player
can you move it to the Guides section? thanks :)

I moved it to the Help & Support section where Kaguya's guides also are.

Santoryu
09-27-2014, 08:21 AM
Bring back the "New Posts" button. I'm not sure why it was removed. The "What's new?" shows me unnecessary stuff and the "Today's Posts" is less accessible

John
09-27-2014, 01:57 PM
Bring back the "New Posts" button. I'm not sure why it was removed. The "What's new?" shows me unnecessary stuff and the "Today's Posts" is less accessible

i agree. i think the 'what's new' thing is confusing to read.

Kaguya
09-27-2014, 10:50 PM
It will return. It appears that they are working on a few things.

At any rate, if it is possible, I suggest adding Joinable Public User Groups (http://www.shonengamez.com/forum/group.php) in the user control panel.

Bardock3601
01-21-2015, 04:52 PM
Maybe some kind of promotion or contest to get people onto the forums perhaps? They seem a tad dying