PDA

View Full Version : Forum Still Under Development

Shonen
07-06-2014, 06:34 PM
We disabled posting until we get the forum sorted out. The forums should be open for posting soon.

Thank you for your patience.

All the best,
Shonen, SGZ Admin

Ootsutsuki
07-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Alright. Thanks for this, Shonen.

GantaIgarashiXYuichiJin
07-06-2014, 08:17 PM
I was wondering what was going on lol. But its good to know.

Ootsutsuki
07-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Yeah, hopefully it gets sorted out soon. I love it here so far! Plus Yuichi my good friend, you need a Avatar! :D

MisterMukuro
07-06-2014, 09:16 PM
Waiting time then....

Naruto
07-06-2014, 09:27 PM
I feel you bro

Ed93david
07-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Hope the wait is not long

MisterMukuro
07-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Don't we all

Ootsutsuki
07-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Hey Mukuro, when making a gif signature Before the link put then at the end of the URL put hope this helps friend! :D

Dei
07-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Glad ShonenGameZ now has a forum. I love this site and it's people.

Ootsutsuki
07-06-2014, 09:54 PM

100% agreed! Everyone here has been nice so far, enjoying it! ^^

MisterMukuro
07-06-2014, 09:54 PM

We are glad you could datamine the demo for us, thank you ^_^

Shonen
07-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Forums are open for posting.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy.

Ootsutsuki
07-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Forums are open for posting.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy.

Thank you, Shonen!

Ino Yamanaka
07-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Made my account just in time.

Antdog
07-07-2014, 01:11 AM
About time you got this working Sasuke, I look forward to using this more often.

Made my account just in time.

Hey you :)

Yomi
07-07-2014, 04:46 AM
It's quite nice here. I think I'll make this one of my new domains.
The red gets me pumped up and gives me an incentive to post.
It's not too bright either. What I'm trying to say is. "Nice style" :cool:

John
07-07-2014, 05:30 AM
any chances of increasing the avatar file size limit?

BeyondManga
07-07-2014, 06:52 AM
any chances of increasing the avatar file size limit?

I was also wondering about that
Since I tend to save most of my images in PNG format
They're usually close to a MB

Shonen
07-07-2014, 07:17 AM
Limit has been increased.

Antdog
07-07-2014, 07:34 AM
Damn 976.6 KB is even more then what they give out on NF. Good job Sasuke, good ****ing job

BeyondManga
07-07-2014, 08:06 AM
Damn 976.6 KB is even more then what they give out on NF. Good job Sasuke, good ****ing job

Indeed! :D

Santoryu
07-07-2014, 08:22 AM
Finally an admin that listens.

Shonen
07-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Any more suggestions are welcomed.

NarutoSegaHokage
07-07-2014, 09:47 AM
I love this forum. Good job, Shonen!

Raijin
07-07-2014, 10:25 AM
i have to agree with everyone, this design is amazing! Keep up the good work, shonen!

John
07-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Limit has been increased.

thanks.

give me admin rights.

RockSauron
07-07-2014, 04:09 PM
Would it be better for each anime game to have it's own forum instead of merely a thread? Like a "Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution" forum and not just a single thread?

Raijin
07-07-2014, 04:20 PM
here is a suggestion:
Can you try and add a "hide" or "spoiler" functionality? This would enable us to talk about certain things which might be spoilers for others, because we can hide certain message contents.

Shonen
07-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Would it be better for each anime game to have it's own forum instead of merely a thread? Like a "Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution" forum and not just a single thread?

Like sub-sections? I will discuss that with the other admins. Thank you for the suggestion.

here is a suggestion:
Can you try and add a "hide" or "spoiler" functionality? This would enable us to talk about certain things which might be spoilers for others, because we can hide certain message contents.

Spoiler Tags and other add-ons are along the way. Thank you for your patience.

Raijin
07-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Like sub-sections? I will discuss that with the other admins. Thank you for the suggestion.

Spoiler Tags and other add-ons are along the way. Thank you for your patience.
thanks for your response and the hard work, shonen!

RockSauron
07-07-2014, 05:11 PM

I suppose so? I just think that, since anime videogames is the point of the forum, condensing all discussion into one topic would get messy, especially when you want to discuss a very specific part of it.So basically, a NAruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution forum, a Dragonball Xenoverse forum, a Unlimted Red 2 forum. Maybe an "Other" Naruto and an "Other" Dragonball forum for older versions of the games people won't talk about as much anymore.

Shonen
07-07-2014, 06:02 PM
I suppose so? I just think that, since anime videogames is the point of the forum, condensing all discussion into one topic would get messy, especially when you want to discuss a very specific part of it.So basically, a NAruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution forum, a Dragonball Xenoverse forum, a Unlimted Red 2 forum. Maybe an "Other" Naruto and an "Other" Dragonball forum for older versions of the games people won't talk about as much anymore.

So I discussed it with the other admins and owners of the website.

Because we just opened up, the game threads will remain and subsections for those games will be made as the forum grows and it warrants those games to get a section.

Raijin
07-07-2014, 06:18 PM
while i agree to a certain extent on this plan of yours, shonen, I would advice to not wait with the subsections for too long. From my experience as a moderator on another forum i can say, that once this forum gets into its gears, there will be many posts. Meaning a lot for you and your team to move into the newly found subsections. Not going to make you decide differently, but just a friendly advice based on my experience :)

Yomi
07-07-2014, 08:06 PM
I like the new rank images. I can't wait to see what the ranks are called.

Ootsutsuki
07-07-2014, 08:09 PM
I like the new Icon's and Anime reference ranks. I enjoy to see more! ^^

Antdog
07-07-2014, 08:17 PM

Could you list the file size limits for an image we use in post. I tried to post one of the images in this post (http://forums.saiyanisland.com/showpost.php?p=1542057&postcount=128) for seven but it just says "error: Remote file is too large" so it would be nice if it's listed what's the largest size we can post(unless I somehow missed it, in which case never mind)

Shonen
07-07-2014, 08:19 PM
Could you list the file size limits for an image we use in post. I tried to post one of the images in this post (http://forums.saiyanisland.com/showpost.php?p=1542057&postcount=128) for seven but it just says "error: Remote file is too large" so it would be nice if it's listed what's the largest size we can post(unless I somehow missed it, in which case never mind)

Thanks for pointing this out, this should be fixed soon.

Ootsutsuki
07-07-2014, 10:36 PM
Is the Forum being updated or something? Because I noticed the 'The World' topic icon change to a even more colorful Dio and also this happened to the webpage.

http://i.gyazo.com/4602a599b9d0c7ab670a85446b81e0fe.png

Hentailover
07-07-2014, 10:54 PM
So, I'm not the only one for whom the page screwed up to the side...

Ootsutsuki
07-07-2014, 11:00 PM
So, I'm not the only one for whom the page screwed up to the side...

Yeah, guess it must be an update of sorts.

Zephyr
07-07-2014, 11:13 PM
:O thanks!

MisterMukuro
07-08-2014, 08:51 PM
I have a request, can you add a anime recommendations section and manga recommendations section so that way people can post more easily and is separated from the talk of recent chapters or episodes.

Griffin
07-08-2014, 09:40 PM
I wanted to ask but didn't know where to post. Why don't I have a member rank? And can I get one? Thanks if anyone can figure this out for me.

Kira
07-08-2014, 10:03 PM
I wanted to ask but didn't know where to post. Why don't I have a member rank? And can I get one? Thanks if anyone can figure this out for me.

You get a custom one since you're a translator. But that's after we finish up here.

Griffin
07-08-2014, 10:30 PM
You get a custom one since you're a translator. But that's after we finish up here.

Alright good to know. Thanks for the info :D

BeyondManga
07-09-2014, 09:27 PM
This site has grown so much it's surreal. Never thought that so much progress would be made in such a short amount time. Anyways just wanted to tell everyone (Including members of the forum) to keep up the good work! :o

Kira
07-09-2014, 09:31 PM
This site has grown so much it's surreal. Never thought that so much progress would be made in such a short amount time. Anyways just wanted to tell everyone (Including members of the forum) to keep up the good work! :o

I'm sure the writers never thought it would reach to these heights especially in a short amount of time.

I'm already loving the post rankings. Hopefully there are more surprises in the future.

Ootsutsuki
07-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Question. Are we getting anymore Naruto icons we can use for threads? Because I noticed a Sasuke appeared recently.

Agreed, and you keep up the good work too! :D

Kira
07-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Question. Are we getting anymore Naruto icons we can use for threads? Because I noticed a Sasuke appeared recently.

We're going to try to get more than just Naruto. Updates will roll in slowly but hopefully soon.

Ootsutsuki
07-09-2014, 09:54 PM
We're going to try to get more than just Naruto. Updates will roll in slowly but hopefully soon.

More than just Naruto? That's GREAT! I'd love to see the variety, thanks again SGZ!

Young Master
07-09-2014, 11:21 PM
What's up with all the stars in between the text?

BeyondManga
07-09-2014, 11:24 PM
What's up with all the stars in between the text?
What are you referring to?

Young Master
07-09-2014, 11:31 PM
What are you referring to?

Okay, so for some reason every letter "e" is turned into a "*".

BeyondManga
07-09-2014, 11:36 PM
Okay, so for some reason every letter "e" is turned into a "*".
I'm not sure what's going on. It might be some kind of glitch in the system right now. I'm sure one of the mods will resolve the problem.

Kira
07-10-2014, 03:28 AM
Issue should be fixed by now.

RockSauron
07-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Mentioned this in the Revolution thread, but I think you should have an official tournament when that comes out and give out prizes. Could be a good way to jumpstart the community, you know?

Young Master
07-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Mentioned this in the Revolution thread, but I think you should have an official tournament when that comes out and give out prizes. Could be a good way to jumpstart the community, you know?

I was thinking there should be art contests. Like forum theme design, best set, etc. I don't think there are enough artistic types here though.

zunairnasir
07-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Nice Job Shonen!

Shonen
07-10-2014, 08:18 PM
I was thinking there should be art contests. Like forum theme design, best set, etc. I don't think there are enough artistic types here though.

Contests are part of the plan but we plan but it's something that will come along the way as the forum grows.

Urahara
07-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Everytime I press on the Shonengamez logo on the top, I automatically am being directed to the frontpage. Isn't their a way to change this so we get directed to main page of the forums?

BeyondManga
07-10-2014, 09:50 PM
Everytime I press on the Shonengamez logo on the top, I automatically am being directed to the frontpage. Isn't their a way to change this so we get directed to main page of the forums?
Press the forums button instead of the Shonengamez logo? i'm not exactly sure what you mean.

Ootsutsuki
07-10-2014, 09:54 PM

I think it's there just as a quick navigation back to the home page. I think if they had a "Check out the Forum" under it somewhere it would work.

Young Master
07-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Has the homepage advertised the forum yet? Like a "Hey! Our forum is finally up and running. Check it out!"

Edit: Never mind, I see it. Nice post.

Chihiro Furuya
07-11-2014, 09:02 PM
May i ask what is Rep power?

Dei
07-11-2014, 09:41 PM
May i ask what is Rep power?

It pretty much implies what it says. I'm guessing the more Rep power you have, the more Rep you can give or negate. Though, don't worry about it too much.

Santoryu
07-12-2014, 06:59 AM
Don't know if this has been brought up previously but is there any chance of getting a chatbox?

Mugetsu
07-12-2014, 07:10 AM
Chatbox would be cool, also nice to know some new design templates are on the way~

Lucian
07-12-2014, 07:15 AM
I was wondering why there weren't that many sections.

And like some above comments suggests, is there a chance of a chat box?

Mugetsu
07-12-2014, 07:17 AM
I hadn't really noticed till now^ But yeah, I guess they're all lumped into anime/manga. Is there a chance there'll be separate sections for the bigger titles?

Kira
07-12-2014, 04:41 PM
Don't know if this has been brought up previously but is there any chance of getting a chatbox?

I can bring it up the idea.

Young Master
07-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Don't forget the TV section. I need to chat about my Flash/Arrow! :p

RyuujiTK
07-13-2014, 08:46 PM

It should be fixed now, so clicking the logo will bring you to the forum's main page. :)

Complex
07-14-2014, 09:41 AM
Hopefully the forum improves over time. :)
Great work staff

Young Master
07-14-2014, 05:51 PM
Forum being a little slow for anyone else?

Urahara
07-14-2014, 07:02 PM
It should be fixed now, so clicking the logo will bring you to the forum's main page. :)
Great!! Thanks bro!

Forum being a little slow for anyone else?
Not for me bro

Young Master
07-16-2014, 09:17 PM
Forum Wishlist
-TV section
-Site themes(hopefully more than just nardo)
-One Piece and Nardo get there own sections sometime down the line when site is more active
-Contests
-Contest prizes, like limited time sparkle username, bigger avatar size, etc.
-Someplace on the forum where we can discuss the news on the home page. Maybe a section dedicated to home page news
-More smilies, maybe a thread where we can post our own smilies like on NF.

Might be more, will add to list if I think of some more.

Kaguya
07-16-2014, 09:43 PM
Notifications aren't viewable in the mobile version of the forum, even though there's a Notification icon in the grid menu.

I understand that the mobile version has specific limitations, but I know that this isn't one of them.

It's a minor problem, however. If it can't be fixed, I suggest removing Notifications from the grid menu, if possible.

Shonen
07-16-2014, 09:47 PM
Forum Wishlist
-TV section
-One Piece and Nardo get there own sections sometime down the line when site is more active
-Contests
-Someplace on the forum where we can discuss the news on the home page. Maybe a section dedicated to home page news

- Things like that are still under development.
-Second one is doable as well. We already mentioned that as for now things will remain on one section but as the forum grows and the discussion grows, we will make subsections for warranted series.
- We will plan multiple contests as the forum grows.
- Yes, that was part of the plan as well.
- Not sure about that. I can see why using a forum instead is better than Disqus and would invite members to join the forums. We'll discuss it.
- Doable as well.

Thanks for the suggestions, Young Master.

Ed93david
07-16-2014, 09:52 PM
My current wish is the mobile version to be finished

RockSauron
07-16-2014, 10:31 PM
For news threads for each news item, I suggest having it so that there's a forum for Naruto game news, a forum for DBZ game news, a forum for One Piece game news, and a forum for other. Unless you want to do a tag system, like what narutoforums does in the Game Shelf for platforms.

Also, I know another vbulletin based forum that has the news articles intertwined with the forum. Dunno if that's better or not though

Kira
07-16-2014, 10:50 PM
Forum Wishlist
-TV section
-Contests

-TV section we can add when the forum grows more we don't want too many empty sections

-This theme isn't a naruto theme unless you mean like the logos that pop up? We're working on those

-Contests we had some ideas for it in the future but wont be making avatar sizes bigger than what they are most likely

-Well its mostly Naruto and DBZ news which has sections already and there's also a comments section on the articles

-Working on getting more smileys probably custom ones by us

For news threads for each news item, I suggest having it so that there's a forum for Naruto game news, a forum for DBZ game news, a forum for One Piece game news, and a forum for other. Unless you want to do a tag system, like what narutoforums does in the Game Shelf for platforms.

Also, I know another vbulletin based forum that has the news articles intertwined with the forum. Dunno if that's better or not though

Not sure about this really.

Young Master
07-16-2014, 10:55 PM
-TV section we can add when the forum grows more we don't want too many empty sections

-This theme isn't a naruto theme unless you mean like the logos that pop up? We're working on those

-Contests we had some ideas for it in the future but wont be making avatar sizes bigger than what they are most likely

-Well its mostly Naruto and DBZ news which has sections already and there's also a comments section on the articles

-Working on getting more smileys probably custom ones by us

Not sure about this really.
Yeah, the logos made it seem like a naruto theme. I just hope it's not like nf with a bunch of naruto themes and not much of anything else.

Kira
07-16-2014, 11:06 PM
Yeah, the logos made it seem like a naruto theme. I just hope it's not like nf with a bunch of naruto themes and not much of anything else.

Can't promise themes but new logos will come down the line. It's not a Naruto only site (the logos probably make it seem so though).

Minato
07-17-2014, 03:44 AM
I know this isn't important, but how do you get rep power?

Kira
07-17-2014, 04:20 AM
I know this isn't important, but how do you get rep power?

The star in the bottom is how you rep

Tatsumi Oga & Baby Beel
07-17-2014, 04:29 AM
Ill never understand forums.

Anonymous
07-17-2014, 04:50 AM

Someone needs to be working on this. When i'm out and I want to check the forum, I want the mobile site to work just as well as the desktop site.

Tatsumi Oga & Baby Beel
07-17-2014, 04:57 AM
Someone needs to be working on this. When i'm out and I want to check the forum, I want the mobile site to work just as well as the desktop site.

Di to chain of events, I can no longer use ky.browser on desktop, I have to use kindle and iphone, when ruins Mt text.

Minato
07-17-2014, 09:52 AM
The star in the bottom is how you rep

No I mean how do you get it because I have 0 so I cant really give anyone +rep or -rep

RockSauron
07-17-2014, 03:10 PM
No I mean how do you get it because I have 0 so I cant really give anyone +rep or -rep

I'm not sure, but I think having a Rep power of 0 will still give the person a rep of 10. Check in Settings at the top of the screen. When I was repped by someone with a rep power of 0, it still said I got 10 rep points from them. Despite the rep gem being greyed out in settings.

Minato
07-17-2014, 09:05 PM
I'm not sure, but I think having a Rep power of 0 will still give the person a rep of 10. Check in Settings at the top of the screen. When I was repped by someone with a rep power of 0, it still said I got 10 rep points from them. Despite the rep gem being greyed out in settings.

Really because I got repped but I still have 0 rep power

RockSauron
07-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Really because I got repped but I still have 0 rep power

Not your rep power, your rep. Check in settings to see what I mean.

Rep power is how much rep you give when you rep someone.

I think

Minato
07-17-2014, 09:55 PM
Not your rep power, your rep. Check in settings to see what I mean.

Rep power is how much rep you give when you rep someone.

I think

Well yeah that's what I'm asking

Kaguya
07-17-2014, 10:05 PM

I agree. Though developing the full site probably takes priority, which is understandable.

By the way, you can view the full site on a mobile device. I'm not home at the moment, and I am on my phone, and I switched to the full version so that I can view my user control panel.

It's easier to browse if you disable images, avatars, and signatures. Posting might be problematic depending on the device, however. In those circumstances, I recommend clicking "Go Advanced" and "Preview Post", if you're unable to type anything.

Conversely, you can switch to mobile view on a computer. It's convenient and I'd use it predominantly if it weren't for the fact that it is underdeveloped in some areas.

MyFavoriteThings
07-17-2014, 10:22 PM
The rep mixup.

Unless I'm doing it wrong, I don't think there's a way to see the user your rep comes from?

I can see who I rep, and the message, but when someone reps me, I see their message but the user is anonymous.

Like actually anonymous, not the user Anonymous.

Literally anonymous.

Nice site though. :3

Young Master
07-17-2014, 10:24 PM
The rep mixup.

Unless I'm doing it wrong, I don't think there's a way to see the user your rep comes from?

I can see who I rep, and the message, but when someone reps me, I see their message but the user is anonymous.

Like actually anonymous, not the user Anonymous.

Literally anonymous.

Nice site though. :3
Yep, that's how it is for me.

BeyondManga
07-17-2014, 10:28 PM

Kira
07-17-2014, 10:36 PM
I agree. Though developing the full site probably takes priority, which is understandable.

By the way, you can view the full site on a mobile device. I'm not home at the moment, and I am on my phone, and I switched to the full version so that I can view my user control panel.

It's easier to browse if you disable images, avatars, and signatures. Posting might be problematic depending on the device, however. In those circumstances, I recommend clicking "Go Advanced" and "Preview Post", if you're unable to type anything.

Conversely, you can switch to mobile view on a computer. It's convenient and I'd use it predominantly if it weren't for the fact that it is underdeveloped in some areas.

From what I understand, the writers paid a decent amount to get the forums up and the redesign. So I'm not sure if mobile will be a right now thing.

Brandon Lee
07-22-2014, 04:22 AM
well, some skins should be added as well, this one gives me a headache after a while and i don't know if it's my computer, but i'm kind of laggy ever since i opened this page.

Antdog
07-22-2014, 06:02 AM
I agree with BL on the skins, I purpose we have a very youthful skin based on Might Gai and/or Rocklee first and foremost

Kira
07-22-2014, 05:20 PM
well, some skins should be added as well, this one gives me a headache after a while and i don't know if it's my computer, but i'm kind of laggy ever since i opened this page.

Adding more themes isn't really on the to do list right now.

Brandon Lee
07-22-2014, 06:49 PM
i don't like this one, at least add the default one.

Dei
07-26-2014, 09:29 PM
I got a question regarding Rep Power. Alright, so how do you get more? I have like 22 but I didn't do crap lol. Does it depend on posts? Actual reputation? Like on the forums, not the green stuff, like actual reputation.

Ed93david
07-26-2014, 10:06 PM
I got a question regarding Rep Power. Alright, so how do you get more? I have like 22 but I didn't do crap lol. Does it depend on posts? Actual reputation? Like on the forums, not the green stuff, like actual reputation.
I would also like to know how I have a rep of 22 and how the system works

Ootsutsuki
07-27-2014, 12:11 AM

Same for me.

RyuujiTK
07-27-2014, 01:38 AM
i don't like this one, at least add the default one.

I've added the original vBulletin theme to the style selection drop-down menu.

RyuujiTK
07-27-2014, 03:13 AM
Same for me.

The defaults were off, & new users had a "Default Reputation" of "0" which probably caused a lot of confusion. I've adjusted it, & I'll try to explain reputation to the best of my understanding.

Reputation Power & Boxes
Rep Power = the amount of rep that you can give or take away from someone. This value is calculated based on the following factors:

For every 50 posts (Off-topic posts do not count) = 1 additional rep altering power
Every 150 days of active membership = 1 additional rep altering power
For every 100 rep points (see explanation below) = 1 additional rep altering power

The box(es) under each user title is an indication of how helpful the user is. If you are new, you are neutral, but this will change in time. When a user feels that your post is helpful, they can click on the http://forum.notebookreview.com/images/styles/NotebookReview/buttons/reputation-40b.png icon and give you rep.

Gray http://forum.notebookreview.com/images/styles/NotebookReview/reputation/reputation_balance.png = Neutral (or zero rep power if you see this in User CP).
Dark Green http://www.shonengamez.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.png = Positive feedback
Light Green http://forum.notebookreview.com/images/styles/NotebookReview/reputation/reputation_highpos.png = Extremely positive feedback (only seen next to rep power)
Red http://forum.notebookreview.com/images/styles/NotebookReview/reputation/reputation_neg.png = Negative feedback

Reputation Points
When a user gives you rep, the amount that is in their rep power is added to your reputation points (click on User CP to see what rep was given to you). Rep points are basically the numerical amount of reputation that you have received, and is located on the main page of User CP. You will see a list of thread titles, green/grey/red boxes (explained below), User Name, and any comments that they might have left. Above the reputation given box, you'll see a number. For every 100 reputation points accumulated, your rep power will increase by 1.

Reputation points will also affect the number of green (or red boxes) that appear next to your rep power. Every 100 rep points will earn you an additional dark green box (http://www.shonengamez.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.png) for up to 5. Thereafter, every 200 rep points will earn you a light green box (http://forum.notebookreview.com/images/styles/NotebookReview/reputation/reputation_highpos.png) for up to 6, producing a total of up to 11 dark and light green boxes (http://www.shonengamez.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.pnghttp://www.shonengamez.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.pnghttp://www.shonengamez.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.pnghttp://www.shonengamez.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.pnghttp://www.shonengamez.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.pnghttp://forum.notebookreview.com/images/styles/NotebookReview/reputation/reputation_highpos.pnghttp://forum.notebookreview.com/images/styles/NotebookReview/reputation/reputation_highpos.pnghttp://forum.notebookreview.com/images/styles/NotebookReview/reputation/reputation_highpos.pnghttp://forum.notebookreview.com/images/styles/NotebookReview/reputation/reputation_highpos.pnghttp://forum.notebookreview.com/images/styles/NotebookReview/reputation/reputation_highpos.pnghttp://forum.notebookreview.com/images/styles/NotebookReview/reputation/reputation_highpos.png).

Everyone on the site is allowed to give rep 10 times during a 24-hour period. You cannot give rep to the same user twice in the same day.

Antdog
07-27-2014, 03:41 AM
Is there a way to see who gave the rep or neg or are we gonna be left in the dark on that front?

Dark sasune
07-27-2014, 03:50 AM
The Rep button should look a little flashier, Because i think alot of people don't even notice the Star Of David is the Rep button.
No offense to the Jews.

Ninja
07-27-2014, 03:57 AM
Is there a way to see who gave the rep or neg or are we gonna be left in the dark on that front?
I was gonna ask the same thing lol. Probably to prevent butthurt

Rendarg
07-27-2014, 04:00 AM
damn, youre right, the star of david. This.. THIS IS A ZIONIST CONSPIRACY! I knew it! I always knew it, but they called me a madman! >.<

Uhm, anyway..
@Antdog:
When i click on settings i can see the reputation i have given. Haven't received any yet, but i guess it will also show up there

edit:
crap! >.<
ok, who +rep'd me with "LOL" as message, very creative btw >.>
well, at least now i get the problem. Rep message shows, but there is no name

hm, crap, i really just see the points and the message. Well, if thats the case, then...

Ninja, it was me who said "HAHAHA made me my day! oh god i'm crying XD" in the SI Refugee thread, when you were impersonating Nina and... her... annoying... writing style

RyuujiTK
07-27-2014, 05:54 AM

I've updated the user permissions, so everyone can see the name of the users that gave rep.

I was gonna ask the same thing lol. Probably to prevent butthurt

That was mostly the reason. If theres a lot of complaints, I'll disable it again.

Antdog
07-27-2014, 10:07 PM
Great now next thing we gotta work on is posting gifs. If I wanted to try and post one of the gifs that's in my sig and post it in this post right now, I just get told that it's too large. Even when I try to post ones that are smaller in both size and filesize, there are to big apparently.

RyuujiTK
07-27-2014, 10:19 PM
Great now next thing we gotta work on is posting gifs. If I wanted to try and post one of the gifs that's in my sig and post it in this post right now, I just get told that it's too large. Even when I try to post ones that are smaller in both size and filesize, there are to big apparently.

How are you posting them? Are you using the tag, or something else?

Urahara
07-27-2014, 10:25 PM
Forum main page is looking all fcked up for me since today.

Problem is solved by using the default theme..

Antdog
07-28-2014, 10:50 AM
How are you posting them? Are you using the tag, or something else?

Usually I click on the "Insert image" button and go to post the URL but it would say file was too large. But when I manually put A gif just now it worked.

Ootsutsuki
07-28-2014, 03:35 PM
I've updated the user permissions, so everyone can see the name of the users that gave rep.

It seems rep has been changed again, did it change because of this reason in particular or is it another glitch?

Young Master
07-28-2014, 07:14 PM
The defaults were off, & new users had a "Default Reputation" of "0" which probably caused a lot of confusion. I've adjusted it, & I'll try to explain reputation to the best of my understanding.

Reputation Power & Boxes
Rep Power = the amount of rep that you can give or take away from someone. This value is calculated based on the following factors:

For every 50 posts (Off-topic posts do not count) = 1 additional rep altering power
Every 150 days of active membership = 1 additional rep altering power
For every 100 rep points (see explanation below) = 1 additional rep altering power

So if I have 200+ posts, shouldn't I have about 4 rep power? I dun geddit.

Seven
07-29-2014, 12:08 AM
it's only a matter of time until people have rep in the millions.

Zephyr
07-29-2014, 09:13 PM
I've added the original vBulletin theme to the style selection drop-down menu.
Ryu that netspeeds op

RyuujiTK
07-29-2014, 09:22 PM
Ryu that netspeeds op

Do notifications work now?

RyuujiTK
07-29-2014, 09:35 PM
It seems rep has been changed again, did it change because of this reason in particular or is it another glitch?

"For every 50 posts" rep power was adjusted, because the number was too low.

Young Master
07-29-2014, 09:39 PM
Can we get a Spoiler button for quick reply's?

Santoryu
08-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Can we get a Spoiler button for quick reply's?

This is definitely needed. It encourages posting spoiler tags.

Are sub-forums on other forms of entertainment something in consideration? (i.e comics, music, movies/tv shows etc)

Brandon Lee
08-02-2014, 09:44 PM
we need new gifs already, a better rep system, and signatures should be improved.

Kira
08-02-2014, 09:59 PM
This is definitely needed. It encourages posting spoiler tags.

Are sub-forums on other forms of entertainment something in consideration? (i.e comics, music, movies/tv shows etc)

Once the forum gets a little bigger sure.

RyuujiTK
08-17-2014, 06:44 PM
Notifications aren't viewable in the mobile version of the forum, even though there's a Notification icon in the grid menu.

I understand that the mobile version has specific limitations, but I know that this isn't one of them.

It's a minor problem, however. If it can't be fixed, I suggest removing Notifications from the grid menu, if possible.

Is anyone still having this issue? It should be fixed now

The mobile site is running a pre-installed mobile version of vBulletin which is finished. Unless you wanted an improved custom mobile version, with better functionality and organisation?

Ed93david
08-17-2014, 07:18 PM
The mobile site is running a pre-installed mobile version of vBulletin which is finished. Unless you wanted an improved custom mobile version, with better functionality and organisation?
Other than the broken images on the homepage, everything else is fine, but I do welcome any custom mobile version.

Kira
08-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Other than the broken images on the homepage, everything else is fine, but I do welcome any custom mobile version.

Broken images?

RyuujiTK
08-17-2014, 11:28 PM
Kira the mobile site is trying to pull images from the main site that aren't in the mobile theme.

Kira
08-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Kira the mobile site is trying to pull images from the main site that aren't in the mobile theme.

Oh I see now.

isabellagrace
11-21-2019, 07:11 AM
This is one best thing that forum still under development.

ElizabethEmily
12-18-2019, 07:56 AM
sfff