PDA

View Full Version : need anime suggestions.

Holo
10-04-2014, 04:43 AM
I've been recently been drowning my self in new types & genres of anime & hoping some of you can give me a few anime i might enjoy from the list of anime i watched & loved over the past few months.
-Naruto
-Spice & Wolf
-Blood +
-Gurren Lagann
-Magi
-Hell girl
-Date a Live
-Kill La Kill
-HyperDimension Neptunia
-Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai
-Freezing
These all the 1s I remember, could anyone give me a few anime that might interest me from reading the anime above? trying to expand my anime library :)

NarutoSegaHokage
10-04-2014, 04:54 AM
Akame ga Kill!
Rosario+Vampire (Go read this manga. Manga version is better than Anime)
Highschool DxD
To Love Ru
Haganai
Manyuu Hikenchou
Seikon no Qwaser
Asobi ni Iku yo!
Girls Bravo
DearS
Hataraku Maou-sama
No Game No Life
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou (Manga)

kek
10-04-2014, 05:35 AM
Haganai
Manyuu Hikenchou
Seikon no Qwaser
To Love Ru
Space Dandy

Holo
10-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Thank you both of you, I'll look up these after im finished with Freezing season 2 ^_^

Holo
10-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Just got done season 2 of Freezing & felt so unfinished & alot of cliff hangers. sigh i hope there be a season 3

Dei
10-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Tokyo Ghoul
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Yu Yu Hakusho
Hellsing
Trigun
Akame Ga Kill
Death Note
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

These are just some of the anime's I loved watching. Definitely check them out.

Urahara
10-06-2014, 11:17 PM
Pokemon

Holo
10-07-2014, 12:22 AM
Tokyo Ghoul
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Yu Yu Hakusho
Hellsing
Trigun
Akame Ga Kill
Death Note
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

These are just some of the anime's I loved watching. Definitely check them out.
Thanks for more suggestions to check out! ^_^ its really helpful !

Pokemon
LOL, My pokemon days been long over, back in my child hood, Only child hood anime show i still like is classic bayblade before it got a bunch of terrible rip offs & spin offs haha

Rendarg
10-07-2014, 12:27 AM
Pokemon

840 episodes + 17 movies

Excellent idea...

:lol:

even the complete Gundam franchise is shorter, its 600 something episodes and 4 movies

Lucian
10-07-2014, 12:32 AM
Did I suggest Noragami yet?

You should also watch Yu Yu Hakusho if you're looking for action.
Gurren Lagann is a good watch, and my #1 anime.

NarutoSegaHokage
10-07-2014, 01:48 AM
I just added:

Akame ga Kill!
Rosario+Vampire (Go read this manga. Manga version is better than Anime)
Highschool DxD
To Love Ru
Haganai
Manyuu Hikenchou
Seikon no Qwaser
Asobi ni Iku yo!
Girls Bravo
DearS
Hataraku Maou-sama
No Game No Life
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou (Manga)

Electrorocket
10-07-2014, 04:44 AM
I agree with everything Dei said.

We on some sort of wavelength sh*t Dei?

Anyways, diverting from previous lists, I suggest Hunter X Hunter.

HxH currently has 148 episodes, and has stopped until the manga moves on up.
A lot of people will probably agree with me that HxH is one of the better Shonen, showing great and diverse characters and character building, world building, and awesomeness in general.

Unlike other Shonen like Naruto, One Piece, or whatever else, characters in HxH are actually pretty humane. In this case, I mean that although good characters are good, they will do things that-

I can't explain this. Someone else come in here and talk about HxH. I'm still reeling from all the stuff that happened in the show. There are very many moments where you will yell the phrase, "Holy shi-, did that just happen!?"

Characters are awesome in this show. They can actually die, for one thing. Just because the character is more Naruto-tastic doesn't mean anything here.

The main thing you understand is this, HunterXHunters 1st quarter of it's first season is literally the most.. How do I say this..

It is the most misleading thing that I have ever seen. Nothing has mislead me this much before, lol.

Basically the first season does not speak for the rest of the show.
Actually, it's kind of odd how it does that. It starts out like it's any other Shonen or something, and then, all of a sudden, it moves into a whole other category. Sh*t gets real in HxH mang. Even the intro song is misleading.

I also suggest JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is also in a different category. All I can really say is that this show is all about manliness, and awesomeness. This show could be paired with Fist of the North Star (Also awesome,) due to the awesome-ality and muscle-taculousness that is known.) However JoJo's gets rather... Odd. Bizarre I should say.

WELP-
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is all about the family legacy of the Joestar family, who's first names are always beginning with Jo, like Joseph, Jotaro, or Jonathan, maybe even Josuke. This legacy spans many years, starting in the late 1800's in a European area, moving to places like New York, Egypt, Japan, and also moving up in times/decades. Everyones names up until a certain arc are references to music- band names, or song names.

However, the plotline is mainly about how manly/muscly/awesome/crazy these characters are, be it the JoJo's, or other characters. The JoJo's each have their own abilities and personalities, like the first JoJo using his crazy physical abilities and Ripple/Hamon to fight, being a complete gentleman in the process, or the second JoJo using tricks, flexibility, and sleight of hand with Hamon to defeat or mess with opponents, while being kind of a d*ck and a show-off. I'm not even going to get into what goes on in the 3rd arc with the 3rd JoJo. All I can say is that it gets rather insane from there out.

However I should mention that although they really are manly, in a sense, from a certain standpoint, manly can be the same as fabulous in a certain context. People who have seen the show will know what I mean. If you see all these poses in anime shows nowadays or any-a-days, you should probably know that it is probably influenced by JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and it's need to have someone posing in an insane look during an attack, a conversation, or at any time, with sparkles sometimes. JoJo's is also the longest running Manga currently, from 1989 to right now.

If that doesn't make it interesting, here's something.

One guy got his arm frozen. Another guy walks up to him, lifts his shirt, and presses the arm to his abs, which begin to burn a red hot heat, and melts the ice within a few moments. Tell me that ain't manly as f*ck.

zunairnasir
10-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Tokyo Ghoul
Akame Ga Kill
Sword Art Online

Holo
10-07-2014, 02:36 PM
I just added:

I've watched Rosario+Vampire I'm LOVING Moka's inner self ^_^ But i hope there be a season 3...
Highschool DxD i loved waiting for season 3 on march 10th
DearS was good but could be longer :/
Haganai needs a season 3 huge cliff hanger

& also NEED to know if there will be a 3rd season of Freezing, i completely love that anime but the end of season 2 felt rushed & had cliff hanger :(

NarutoSegaHokage
10-07-2014, 03:02 PM
I've watched Rosario+Vampire I'm LOVING Moka's inner self ^_^ But i hope there be a season 3...

I don't think there will be a Season 3.. :(
Just read Rosario+Vampire manga. '
Rosario+Vampire manga is way better. (Different storyline, more characters)
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/rosario_vampire/
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/rosario_vampire_season_ii/

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/monster_musume_no_iru_nichijou/

Holo
10-07-2014, 03:55 PM
What about a 3rd season of Freezing?

NarutoSegaHokage
10-07-2014, 04:38 PM
What about a 3rd season of Freezing?

I don't know. :/

Holo
10-08-2014, 01:19 PM
I don't know. :/

Damn, i really love that anime i hope they make a season 3, i don't even know where to read the manga & what chapter season 2 left off... "Sigh"

Antdog
10-09-2014, 01:28 PM
High School of The Dead
Kuroko no Basket
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Samurai Champloo
Attack on Titan

Dei
10-10-2014, 03:11 PM
High School of The Dead
Kuroko no Basket
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Samurai Champloo
Attack on Titan

How could I forget about AoT and Kuroko no Basket...

Bardock3601
01-25-2015, 02:09 AM
Avatar, the last airbender, if you haven't seen it, it should be a priority.

Lucian
01-25-2015, 06:24 PM
Hajime no Ippo
Baki the Grappler

showboxapp
02-27-2017, 10:16 AM
Thank you so much.

billbuckner
03-07-2019, 10:57 AM
Yuri on Ice is a must watch. Big Fan of this anime coz it has a very fresh and interesting plot-line which surpasses the typical anime plots.
Its featured film and the second season (https://squinoo.com/yuri-on-ice-season-2/) of Yuri on Ice will also be released probably by this year(hopefully).

oouks
11-18-2019, 09:02 PM
Haganai
Manyuu Hikenchou
Seikon no Qwaser
To Love Ru
Space Dandy

robertcoelho001
12-14-2019, 07:24 AM
Korra