PDA

View Full Version : Please Read: Lack of Activity On The Forum

Kira
12-09-2014, 10:19 PM
I noticed that the forum went from decently active to dying. What happened exactly? Lack of active members? Was there some things missing on the forum that would have made you all more active?

Honest feedback is appreciated.

Santoryu
12-10-2014, 09:57 AM
I lost interest in discussion mostly and I don't even follow any series consistently except One Piece, which there is no dedicated section to or enough members discussing. I think a lot of activity is gone due to Naruto ending. I went away for a week or so, came back and the place was absolutely deserted haha

I don't think there is much you could do to change it to be honest

Electrorocket
12-10-2014, 11:47 AM
From what I can tell, currently there is a lack of topics to talk about.

Concerning my own self being missing from the site, that is due to College work, League of Legends, and my writing hobby. I tend to be a gamer, a really active person and checking in on forums can be slightly difficult.

On top of that, people here are scared of Skype chats with me for some reason. Or Skype chats in general. I like talking with my voice, albeit my stronger sense of personality in my writing ability using personas and such.

Concerning that, I attempted to do live streamed interviews using Twitch, to stream to the SGZ community live questions being answered, QUESTIONS THAT NEEDED TO BE ASKED! Questions that I would read from a thread and live questions in the Twitch chat, with which I would speak with my grand voice. Twas a grand idea and twas shot down by the community.

In my opinion, forum communities like SI, SGZ, and otherwise tend to be scared of trying things like that out, things that make a user of the site real, or the opposite, making that user more of their own persona. MD Punk was one of the few who sort of pulled it off, but people lost interest for some reason, not because they didn't want to watch, but from what I could tell, because they could not. Was odd really, but they didn't even have time to comment concerning bringing it back or whatever, and before they knew it, twas gone in the wind like a fart from a mouse. Just gone. Or maybe I'm wrong and people just completely forgot about it. I ALMOST DEBUED AND IT GOT SHUT THE F*CK DOWN MAN-

Personally I do not want to see this forum dead, because it's pretty damn awesome in its format and delivery, as a just-right-after-beginning forum. However, users believe they don't need to think about the idea of "Contributing" to the forums. By this I mean they do not care for becoming something more than simply some poster on the internet. Although I am going into a realm that is opinionotic and possibly incorrect, as you can most likely tell.

I still want to do the damn interviews btw lol

SurgeonOfDeath
12-10-2014, 04:08 PM
I still lurk every now and then, but there aren't any discussions going on. With Naruto done, people probably just found something else to do, so now there isn't discussions or activity.

Kira
12-10-2014, 07:11 PM
I see, I also noticed the highs and lows with some forums. For example Saiyanisland's forums seem to have a down time when there is no Naruto related gaming news announced.

I did also notice when the Naruto Revolution wave gone and the Naruto series over things have been quiet here. It's a shame because this forum has a lot of potential given how the features and other things makes it stick out from a few but it is very small and it might stay that way until something huge is announced.

Hopefully it doesn't die out but realistically from what I'm reading it's probably due to school, nothing to discuss etc.

I can try to ask the writers now to incorporate the news on the front page with the forum maybe to spark some discussion for the video games section at the very least.

SurgeonOfDeath
12-11-2014, 03:33 AM
Yeah I mean, once the Naruto part 3 comes out or a new Storm or Pirate Warriors game comes out I think activity will rise. Also when a new Pokemon is coming out cuz people here love that shit.

I don't think people are going to other forums (at least I'm not), it's just the lack of topics and the busyness of the real world. The thing I love about this forum is being able to have conversations with people who aren't trolls. There are (were) a few who irked me, but it was bearable.

Young Master
12-11-2014, 06:53 AM
I'm still here and keep watch for the One Piece thread. Though it gets pretty lonely there. lol

RockSauron
12-11-2014, 02:01 PM
For what it's worth, I stopped posting because no one seemed to acknowledge or notice me and just stayed with their cliques they knew from the other site. So yeah, take that for whatever you want.

Kira
12-13-2014, 12:46 AM
For what it's worth, I stopped posting because no one seemed to acknowledge or notice me and just stayed with their cliques they knew from the other site. So yeah, take that for whatever you want.

We're all friends here :huh:

Plus this is a small community so don't feel left out. We're all family here :p

Santoryu
12-13-2014, 04:38 AM

I'm from the other site and I barely talk to any of them. You have to act to make friends and enemies. Do not expect them to come to you.

Antdog
12-13-2014, 04:58 AM
Ayeeeeeee it's Santoryu, how's it going man? But yeah it's basically the lack of discussions going on here. Not many people post outside some sticky threads(and even those are more or less dead) and when people do post in other threads they only last for three pages max. Now add in that there are a small handful of sections(meaning less things for people to talk about) as well as alot of people not being active along with the small handful of posters who visit here and you have yourself the reasons the forum is pretty much dying. Until/Unless we get some new members to the site the forum is gonna be dead for a bit until a new exciting game comes out which might draw in more people

Dark sasune
12-13-2014, 05:42 AM

Pretty much the same thing for me, I'm from S.I but most of the people here i never really talked with except Ninja so it's really annoying with all the cliques around. It's like HS 2.0 and it's easy to be ignored or ostracized.

Santoryu
12-13-2014, 06:13 AM
Ayeeeeeee it's Santoryu, how's it going man?

Not too bad, been dealing with a lot of real life dramas and shit lately though. How about you?

Electrorocket
12-13-2014, 08:07 AM
People be talkin' talkin' bout talkin' to people.

People be talkin' bout being noticed.

I attempt to solve this noodle with semi-genius ideas and people are against it.

So yeah, I can really feel the want and need to talk to people and be noticed lol

Twas sarcasm, the ones wanting to be noticed or have people talk to them need to be initiators at least, rather than wait for something to happen yo. Also, WHY THE F*CK DO YOU THINK YOU CAN BE NOTICED IF YOU CAN'T EVEN FRIEND REQUEST ME ON SKYPE LIKE WHAT THE F*CK YOU THINK YOU GONNA GET A FREE GET OUT OF JAIL CARD!? HELL NO I MEAN I GIVE MY SKYPE NAME OUT ON A NORMAL BASIS-

If you want people to talk to you, you have to talk back. Try to be social. I mean, this is a forums. It's much harder to be social here in certain ways, like if you are trying to be noticed without doing anything. If you were in a school or a workplace, someone might approach you because they can see you, or notice something about you. On the internet, you have to put yourself out there, cause you do not exist if you do nothing about it and just lurk around or mosey on by.

To the people who believe in these, 'Cliques,' which clique am I in?
Cause I'd be confused if I was in any clique. I'd be confused if anyone was in any clique on this particular forums, for I have not noticed such things.

RMGMDPunk
12-13-2014, 02:53 PM
All of this clique stuff is all in your head. I haven't noticed a single "clique" like group of people on this website at all.

Santoryu
12-13-2014, 11:08 PM
All of this clique stuff is all in your head. I haven't noticed a single "clique" like group of people on this website at all.

Me neither

Brandon Lee
12-18-2014, 06:15 AM
i think the forum needs a rock lee sd and a hunter x hunter section

hunter x hunter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NARUTO.

EDIT:

i don't want this forum to die, so i'm going to propose some things that are definetely going to improve the forum's activity:

Eight Gated Gai - Theme(FORUM SKIN) <

HXH - Forum Skin

Change the name of the forum, really, no homophobic but the name of this forum sounds like gay.

One Piece Section
give someone the abbility to Mod That section.

Invent fake but at the same time amazing news, like naruto having a sequel, Dragonball having another movie, even if the frieza one haven't came out yet.

Create a thread in which you declare yourself as an homosexual, so i can insult you.

Change the forum's design, it's kind of basic and at the same time the features are kind of complicated-

Say you are from Texas, and state that you don't like chikanos,nor mexican people, and you wish u had born in another state, then make a thread in which you propose giving texas back to mexicans, with the drawback of removing the citizenship of mexicans and any other inmigrant, even if their children were born in the USA.

Create a visible Rep-bar with cool-names.

Reputation changes : when you got a bad reputation, u should have it black, for those who have a normal reputation, their color would be 'yellow' for those who are ELITE thei color would be Red, and MODS And very special members should have it Green.

Electrorocket
12-18-2014, 09:00 AM
I like BLs idea of HxH focusing.

Although HiatusXHiatus is on hiatus. So even if twas true, tis be on hiatus.

One Piece is probably the best current running manga to have a section by itself.

Concerning BLs other ideas, some of them are coolio. You're gonna have to read that amazing post to find the hidden gems though.

SurgeonOfDeath
12-19-2014, 03:12 AM
I'm all for a One Piece section with a mod. I visit the section just about everyday but it's just one thread which is kinda unorganized.

Just create a single section with people able to post threads on numerous OP topics.

As for the mod, it should be someone who can stay on top of it, is respected by forum goers, and above all actually cares about One Piece.

Unless you have someone in mind, I'd recommend appointing Young Master, MD Punk, or myself since we fit the above requirements. As long as they want to of course.

Lunario
12-21-2014, 03:06 AM
The forum lacks ~drama~. Drama is what keeps the discussions alive. WE NEED HOMOPHOBIC JOKES!!!

But talking a bit more seriously, the problem I see as a distant yet connected spectator, is that most of the old community (talking about the oldfags from SI and the -2013 fellows that migrated to this forum) have dissipated, and the newly formed community just didn't grow or get involved as much, at least from my point of view.

I myself still visit both SI and SG sometimes and I never see any interesting threads as I did a long time ago, if any new threads at all (I remember being frustrated because in one night of sleep I could lose a dozen of polemic threads). Besides Naruto's over, so...

And I agree with Santoryu, there's really not much you could do about this, because you can't really drag people here to discuss, and I doubt we'll see an active forums like they had in SI's Spam Center before..

Antdog
12-21-2014, 04:36 AM
Not too bad, been dealing with a lot of real life dramas and shit lately though. How about you?

Got a job so that's keeping me busy but otherwise it's been good just basically the same shit different day lol

LOhEll
12-21-2014, 11:38 AM
The forum lacks ~drama~. Drama is what keeps the discussions alive. WE NEED HOMOPHOBIC JOKES!!!

But talking a bit more seriously, the problem I see as a distant yet connected spectator, is that most of the old community (talking about the oldfags from SI and the -2013 fellows that migrated to this forum) have dissipated, and the newly formed community just didn't grow or get involved as much, at least from my point of view.

I myself still visit both SI and SG sometimes and I never see any interesting threads as I did a long time ago, if any new threads at all (I remember being frustrated because in one night of sleep I could lose a dozen of polemic threads). Besides Naruto's over, so...

And I agree with Santoryu, there's really not much you could do about this, because you can't really drag people here to discuss, and I doubt we'll see an active forums like they had in SI's Spam Center before..

*gasp* you're alive o: !
Though the drama does keep things interesting. Basically once all the trolls were eradicated in SI, it became a wasteland. I considered turning heel but I just don't have that potential ._.

Lunario
12-21-2014, 12:07 PM
*gasp* you're alive o: !
Though the drama does keep things interesting. Basically once all the trolls were eradicated in SI, it became a wasteland. I considered turning heel but I just don't have that potential ._.

I'm glad you remembered me but I have no idea who you are going by that name haha

Too bad drama alone wouldn't solve the problem. A while ago a little fight between a couple of members became a topic of discussion of the whole Spam Center for days. Right now there's just not enough active people to cause that repercussion.

In the past I would be afraid of leaving the forums, but the absence of other members has made it really easy to become another inactive member. The only reason I'm here posting right now is because I'm on vacation at home while my friends are travelling and there's only so much I can do before getting bored :p

Edit: wait, are you Roger? :O

LOhEll
12-21-2014, 02:59 PM
I'm glad you remembered me but I have no idea who you are going by that name haha

Too bad drama alone wouldn't solve the problem. A while ago a little fight between a couple of members became a topic of discussion of the whole Spam Center for days. Right now there's just not enough active people to cause that repercussion.

In the past I would be afraid of leaving the forums, but the absence of other members has made it really easy to become another inactive member. The only reason I'm here posting right now is because I'm on vacation at home while my friends are travelling and there's only so much I can do before getting bored :p

Edit: wait, are you Roger? :O
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1567010/sinister-smile-o.gif

On topic though, yeah idk how member activity can increase unless we all participate but lol.

Dark sasune
12-23-2014, 06:41 AM
Imo we need some type of advertizing if we are going to obtain more traffic to the forums. Most people that come to the site aren't even aware of the forums for some strange reason....

RockSauron
01-04-2015, 12:15 AM
Well for starters, you could have some more forums dedicated to each game/ anime series. But you don't have enough people here to do that.

One idea to try and get people here would be to make a huge project like a fangame to differentiate this from other sites. But the the fangame would be a bigger project than the forum. I dunno. I just would like a Naruto fangame but am in no position to actually start one. But having something specificly tied to this forum is the only way I could see to get people to bother going to a new place.

Dark sasune
01-04-2015, 03:01 AM
Well for starters, you could have some more forums dedicated to each game/ anime series. But you don't have enough people here to do that.

One idea to try and get people here would be to make a huge project like a fangame to differentiate this from other sites. But the the fangame would be a bigger project than the forum. I dunno. I just would like a Naruto fangame but am in no position to actually start one. But having something specificly tied to this forum is the only way I could see to get people to bother going to a new place.
One unique thing they have are quick translations but that hardly matters since S.I goes out of it's way to steal and take credit for translations. I feel this site in general needs to be all things anime and gaming because it can't survive off One Piece and Naruto alone.
One thing i remember was that hysterical always had good info when it comes to games, as he was able to figure out the whole smash roster within 2 months of being announced, so if SGZ used this to their advantage they would surely gain more traffic.

Electrorocket
01-04-2015, 04:01 AM
One idea to try and get people here would be to make a huge project like a fangame to differentiate this from other sites.

I actually tried this on SI.

Noone seemed to care about such ideas lol-

I DON'T GET WHY, IT WOULD BE FREAKING AMAZING I MEAN COME ON I KNOW HOW TO MAKE GODDAMN FLASH GAMES, 2D ANIMATION AND 3D ANIMATION (Currently in school fo dat one tho) BUT NOBODY GIVES A FLYING F*CK CONCERNING DOING ANY WORK THEIR OWN GODDAMNED SELVES-

But whatever I guess lol

RockSauron
01-04-2015, 01:52 PM
I actually tried this on SI.

Noone seemed to care about such ideas lol-

I DON'T GET WHY, IT WOULD BE FREAKING AMAZING I MEAN COME ON I KNOW HOW TO MAKE GODDAMN FLASH GAMES, 2D ANIMATION AND 3D ANIMATION (Currently in school fo dat one tho) BUT NOBODY GIVES A FLYING F*CK CONCERNING DOING ANY WORK THEIR OWN GODDAMNED SELVES-

But whatever I guess lol

Well, I would be interested lol. Especially in a Naruto smash bros gamesince an RPG would probably be impossible.

But yeah, having just the translations doesn't help since people can talk about it anywhere.

Kira
01-04-2015, 09:56 PM
I don't think flash/fan games are going to work guys....

One unique thing they have are quick translations but that hardly matters since S.I goes out of it's way to steal and take credit for translations. I feel this site in general needs to be all things anime and gaming because it can't survive off One Piece and Naruto alone.
One thing i remember was that hysterical always had good info when it comes to games, as he was able to figure out the whole smash roster within 2 months of being announced, so if SGZ used this to their advantage they would surely gain more traffic.

Yeah translations and HD scans are what stand out on the front page. Although SI will at times summarize what we translate and grab a LQ scan from that one guy on Twitter. I think they're working on more ways to stand out while not going too outside of what they cover.

Well the front page covers way more than DBZ, Naruto and One Piece. They wrote a few articles on Ippo, Assassination Classroom, Dengeki, Nisekoi, Attack on Titan and so on. They usually only cover games they plan to play or at least have an interest in.

gdf
02-03-2015, 07:19 PM
I'm posting here only because I am interested in how this discussion went, I took a hiatus from here thinking I could do better in school. But I did worse actually,lol. I haven't read what happened, but I'd like to participate.

Brandon Lee
02-05-2015, 06:27 PM
well as i said, we need more themes, skins, another name, and an actual reputation system, like in the other normal forums.

RyuujiTK
03-01-2015, 07:00 PM
I'm posting here only because I am interested in how this discussion went, I took a hiatus from here thinking I could do better in school. But I did worse actually,lol. I haven't read what happened, but I'd like to participate.

I don't think the discussion went anywhere yet. Most of these ideas seem more than adequate; they just need to be put into motion. Suggestions like having forum projects and advertising would work out well. Possibly some incentives for members that help advertise the forum too. Smaller details like more themes could never hurt either. Since nothing has really started, I think you're more than welcome to participate.

Antdog
04-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Haven't been on here in a while but this place seems to be dead. Have people been trying to advertise the site and what not?

RockSauron
04-06-2015, 06:53 PM
Haven't been on here in a while but this place seems to be dead. Have people been trying to advertise the site and what not?

Well, what exactly would we advertise? The community? There isn't really one. We have the translated scans, but it's obvious at this point that that alone wouldn't get people coming here.

Really, it'd be up to the staff to try and initiate the community. Make some contests with prizes and whatever. Have some sort of reward system where you can get points for winning things in in various tournaments or something, I dunno. When kickstarting a community, whoever the admins are here would really need to put a lot of effort in getting people to come. As some random guy, I don't really have any reason to try and convince people to come fill a forum with no community to entice people with

So yeah, that's my suggestion: If you still want people to come here, make a bunch of tournaments across all the games you cover with real, tangible prizes and have people need to be on this forum to participate. Try making more forums for each game and initiating discussion there. Have it be the main place to discuss the news on your front page and encourage people there to sign up here. I could do it myself, but I have no real reason to do it yet, especially since I know the community isn't too attractive at the moment. Basically, I'm not going to go around asking random people to sign up on a forum that doesn't have much going for it if we're going to be honest. As admins, you have to make your forum attractive before anyone is willing to do the advertising for you. And English translation sources won't do much for that when you can talk about them anywhere

Kira
04-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Well, what exactly would we advertise? The community? There isn't really one. We have the translated scans, but it's obvious at this point that that alone wouldn't get people coming here.

Really, it'd be up to the staff to try and initiate the community. Make some contests with prizes and whatever. Have some sort of reward system where you can get points for winning things in in various tournaments or something, I dunno. When kickstarting a community, whoever the admins are here would really need to put a lot of effort in getting people to come. As some random guy, I don't really have any reason to try and convince people to come fill a forum with no community to entice people with

So yeah, that's my suggestion: If you still want people to come here, make a bunch of tournaments across all the games you cover with real, tangible prizes and have people need to be on this forum to participate. Try making more forums for each game and initiating discussion there. Have it be the main place to discuss the news on your front page and encourage people there to sign up here. I could do it myself, but I have no real reason to do it yet, especially since I know the community isn't too attractive at the moment. Basically, I'm not going to go around asking random people to sign up on a forum that doesn't have much going for it if we're going to be honest. As admins, you have to make your forum attractive before anyone is willing to do the advertising for you. And English translation sources won't do much for that when you can talk about them anywhere

Maybe I can convince them to make the next giveaway involve the forum and spark some activity.

Ninja
04-23-2015, 11:40 PM
I left because it was a ghost town. That's about it

Dark sasune
04-25-2015, 06:45 AM
This site really needs better advertising,Literally everyone still goes to sayian island as of now and that is certainly bad in terms of trying to grow the community. Also i agree with rock, that sounds like a good idea.

Urahara
10-16-2015, 07:24 PM
Wow this place has changed

Electrorocket
10-17-2015, 03:49 AM
Wow this place has changed

Yeah what happened to the layout style? Completely different than what I remember.

Godless
10-17-2015, 09:15 PM
Yeah this is much different. I haven't been on here for a while but hopefully it becomes lively again.