PDA

View Full Version : Art Style

Tatsumi Oga & Baby Beel
07-07-2014, 06:55 PM
We all have our favorite art style drawn in manga. Now tell me. Or not, I don't really care, just trying to start a new topic. But what is your favorite manga art style? Mine is probably Naruto. Because the body types look very proportionate, types, and some facial features looks so, simple yet very different. And I don't think I said that right. Anyways, favorite art style in a manga, and why.

MisterMukuro
07-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Nanatsu no Taizai because it gives off a very old and medieval feel to it making it suit the storys premise.

Ootsutsuki
07-07-2014, 07:08 PM
Hmm I reckon the most unique art style that I've come across in Manga would be Attack on Titan's art style. I think it goes so well with the story and characters, it makes it completely work. Other than that Hunter x Hunter has a very unique art style aswell.

Raijin
07-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Right now it's the style of medaka box. I just love their facial expressions. Earlier it was Katekyo Hitman Reborn! -style to be bluntly honest. Until i started reading medaka box that is :D

Ootsutsuki
07-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Right now it's the style of medaka box. I just love their facial expressions. Earlier it was Katekyo Hitman Reborn! -style to be bluntly honest. Until i started reading medaka box that is :D

Medaka Box is probably my all time favourite Manga!

Raijin
07-07-2014, 07:58 PM

it probably will be mine too, once i finish it :D i am already loving it, at chapter 30 something. Zenkichi <3

BeyondManga
07-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Takehiko Inoue (Vagabond) and Hiroaki Samura (Blade of The Immortal) are some of my favorite manga artists.
They still go the way of a traditional mangaka, and to me their art is second to none.

Yomi
07-07-2014, 11:58 PM
We all have our favorite art style drawn in manga. Now tell me. Or not, I don't really care, just trying to start a new topic. But what is your favorite manga art style? Mine is probably Naruto. Because the body types look very proportionate, types, and some facial features looks so, simple yet very different. And I don't think I said that right. Anyways, favorite art style in a manga, and why.

I was just about to mention the extremely good proportions Kishimoto draws. He seems to be very talented in visual perspective as well, now when I look at bleach I notice all of the flaws and how Kubo almost never has the characters shown at an angle. Tite Kubo almost always draws his characters directly forward or profile view; some may say he makes up for it with detail but if the structure isn't good, the drawing isn't good. It doesn't matter how much detail you put into it. One piece is quite funn and feels energetic, you can tell that Oda knows how to draw. He just chooses to distort his characters. I don't like it personally but it takes talent. Then there's Generic shoujo style. I won't be getting into that talent-less rubbish.

Tatsumi Oga & Baby Beel
07-11-2014, 06:04 PM
I was just about to mention the extremely good proportions Kishimoto draws. He seems to be very talented in visual perspective as well, now when I look at bleach I notice all of the flaws and how Kubo almost never has the characters shown at an angle. Tite Kubo almost always draws his characters directly forward or profile view; some may say he makes up for it with detail but if the structure isn't good, the drawing isn't good. It doesn't matter how much detail you put into it. One piece is quite funn and feels energetic, you can tell that Oda knows how to draw. He just chooses to distort his characters. I don't like it personally but it takes talent. Then there's Generic shoujo style. I won't be getting into that talent-less rubbish.
I like the art style, but Tite Kubo has an issue with the blast effects.taking up entire panels.

Tatsumi Oga & Baby Beel
07-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Takehiko Inoue (Vagabond) and Hiroaki Samura (Blade of The Immortal) are some of my favorite manga artists.
They still go the way of a traditional mangaka, and to me their art is second to none.

I have never heard of those.

Young Master
07-11-2014, 06:33 PM
I like classic looking art style. Stuff like One Piece, DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc.

Lucian
07-11-2014, 06:50 PM
I like classic looking art style. Stuff like One Piece, DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc.

^This

BeyondManga
07-11-2014, 06:59 PM
I have never heard of those.
Well if all you read is shounen manga then...

Griffin
07-11-2014, 11:37 PM

This. I really like the art style from Medaka Box(Drawn by Akatsuki Akira) as well, there is just something about it that is very appealing to me. Other than Medaka Box, honorable mentions are Bleach(Tite Kubo) and Hunter X Hunter(Yoshihiro Togashi), although these two are an on and off situation for me since they do get lazy.

Jojong
07-12-2014, 04:17 AM
I've read manga genres from many different artists and i gotta say my favorite is Yabuki Kentaro's (Black Cat, To Love Ru- Artist) for being able to have cute girls but great action scenes but I also very love Nurarihyon no Mago's artist's (dunno her/his name off of my head) style, it feels very unique.

Oh! I almost forgot, Murata Yusuke's (Eyeshield 21, One Punch man) art, especially with how he's doing with one punch man, he can really capture atmosphere and emotion well

John
07-14-2014, 10:50 PM
i love with Kubo's character designs.

don't really like how 99% of the time the background is a blank space though.