View RSS Feed

Kag's Blog: Welcome to my World

San Diego Comic Con 2014

Rate this Entry
Hello, all...

I am going to Comic Con for the first time. I am very excited. I'm still trying to decide on whether or not I should cosplay. Anyway, are any of you going, too? Have you ever been to an anime, videogame, electronic, and or comic book convention before? Talk about it here.

I'll try to update this blog with pictures of my experience and whatnot.

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am not going but I hope you have fun there
    Thanks. ^-^ I hope so too.
    I have not gone before, but my uncle goes just about every year, and he usually comes back with some stuff for me. Anyways I hope you have a good time as well.
    I went to the comic con they had here in Sacramento. So many cosplayers, it made me want to cosplay too. So I think you would regret not cosplaying.
    Oh, I see. Other than that, I hope you had fun. How was it?

My main concern is how wearisome I might get walking around in a costume for a long period of time. I learned the hard way that big green wig + heavy gold ornaments + gladiator sandals + hot weather + crowded area with a lot of walking = yikes!
    Updated 07-15-2014 at 01:07 AM by Kaguya
    It was awesome. Got to see some celebrities and all the cosplayers were beyond awesome.
    I am not going, but anyone that is should take pictures of hot cosplayers and post them in a thread later on.
    Sounds great, Young Master!

I would rather take pictures of Deadpool cosplayers photo-bombing things. LOL
    You know, that sounds less amusing than my idea. Boobs are better than mediocre Deadpool cosplayers.
    Lady Deadpool says otherwise.

Though seriously, if I take pictures of cosplayers, I am only doing it based off of how good the costume looks and how much I like the character. I am not interested if the cosplayer is hot or not.
    Updated 07-16-2014 at 08:56 PM by Kaguya
    Ok well obviously any costume that has major cleavage/a lot of skin showing/skimpy outfit is a good cosplay and is worth is taking a picture for.
    There's a lot of men who crossplay that fit that criteria lmao.

You already know that I have no incentive to attend that event, Kaguya. Have fun though and bring back souvenirs.
    Nope, I'm not going. And I've never been to an event like this before.

Anyway, I hope you have a great time, and like Dimples said, bring back souvenirs. ;D ;D
    Thanks, you two! And I'll try to bring back some cool stuff. ;D

I'm new to this, for the most part, but I am glad that I'm giving it a chance while I'm still interested. I think the three main factors that prevent video game/anime/etc. fans from going to gatherings like this are cost, distance, and time. They can be expensive, and/or far away from your area, or you might not have the time for it. If you ever have one that's nearby and cheap or free and if you have the time, I suggest checking it out at least once, Erza. You might enjoy it. ^-^
    Updated 07-21-2014 at 08:15 PM by Kaguya
    Cool... Cool! ;D

The closet one to me is the Chicago Comic Con, and that's not that far from me (about 30-40min drive). I wanted to go this year, but around the time it'll start is when I will be a bit busy. Hopefully I can go next year or whenever the next one is, because I really want to go to one these events at least once in my life. ;_;
    Ah, I see. Well, I'm not familiar with the area, but there might be other events in your area. Out here, there's a lot of video game, anime, etc. conventions. I do hope that you get to attend one eventually though, and if you do, I hope you have lots of fun.
    I'm not even sure about the events out here. I only know of Comic Con, lol. I'm guessing you're from L.A., right? xD
    Thanks! I hope so too.
    ACen (Anime Central) is a huge anime expo type thing out there. That's all I know about. I didn't even know Comic Con existed outside of NY and CA lol.

Haha I won't say but that's close enough. ^_~

You're welcome.
    Updated 07-22-2014 at 04:14 AM by Kaguya
    Sounds pretty cool! I might have to look into that sometime. Thanks! ^_^ I actually didn't know that a Chicago Comic Con existed until the beginning of this year, lol.

Awww! ;P
    No problem. ^_^ I didn't know that most of this stuff existed until I started looking into it lol. You'd be surprised how many people in your location like anime/manga and whatnot. That is just one of many events like that in your area.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast