Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Swearing Filter

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Kira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    10

    Swearing Filter

    We're still working on this and you may have already seen some silly words being censored yesterday like "Hello" and such. Please bear with us as we're going through a lot of trial and error here.

    If there are any normal words that were accidentally filtered please report them here.

    NOTE: Do not bypass the swear filter or else you may receive a warning from one of the Mods.

  2. #2
    Organization 13 Antdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    In Rendarg's house hiding
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    20
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Bonly3 Steam ID: Bonly
    Why is there a swear filter? Most people who go on a forum are usually old enough to hear swear words and it not be a big deal to them(or their parents for that matter).




  3. #3
    The Divine Ootsutsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    345
    Rep Power
    21
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Ootsutsuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Antdog View Post
    Why is there a swear filter? Most people who go on a forum are usually old enough to hear swear words and it not be a big deal to them(or their parents for that matter).
    I think it's because people can go overboard with swearing generally. Especially trolls.

    "URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI!"

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Kira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Antdog View Post
    Why is there a swear filter? Most people who go on a forum are usually old enough to hear swear words and it not be a big deal to them(or their parents for that matter).
    To be quite frank and transparent. Cursing apparently is a nono for Google Ads and they use this ad money to keep the website up every month. Trust me I don't like it either but it's for the best.

  5. #5
    Organization 13 Antdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    In Rendarg's house hiding
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    20
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Bonly3 Steam ID: Bonly
    Ahh Ads, well I can understand but gosh damn it




  6. #6
    Cabbage Detective Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Power
    31
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ninja-star95 Wii Code: AKninja95
    Ah ****.

    Sorry, I am *kinda* vulgar. Especially IRL

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kira View Post
    To be quite frank and transparent. Cursing apparently is a nono for Google Ads and they use this ad money to keep the website up every month. Trust me I don't like it either but it's for the best.
    This is a better reason than SayanythingbadaboutablackpersonandyougetbannedIsla nd at least.
    "MASTER OF THE FRONTIER"

  8. #8
    Heavenly Demon Young Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    725
    Rep Power
    29
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: ItzAPILLOWPET
    Quote Originally Posted by Antdog View Post
    Ahh Ads, well I can understand but gosh damn it
    On NF they have something where you join a group and it alters the site. Such as the bathhouse, super ignore, etc. Will there be no way for that to be a thing in the future? Like a no censor group for accounts that are 18+?
    I suggested this already, so hope there is some way for it to work.

  9. #9
    Cabbage Detective Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Power
    31
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ninja-star95 Wii Code: AKninja95
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Master View Post
    I suggested this already, so hope there is some way for it to work.
    We better get a 18+ section :[

    Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    This is a better reason than SayanythingbadaboutablackpersonandyougetbannedIsla nd at least.
    LMFAO I think Delaz is still butthurt about it

  10. #10
    Heavenly Demon Young Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    725
    Rep Power
    29
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: ItzAPILLOWPET
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    We better get a 18+ section :[


    LMFAO I think Delaz is still butthurt about it
    Dalaz is always butthurt...

  11. #11
    I support the above notion. There can be a "viewer discretion advised" warning before you enter the section. It doesn't have to contain hentai or any type of pornography (unless you guys are ok with that), but profanity, erotic fan fiction because why not, mature topics, and perhaps suggestive pictures could be allowed.
    "MASTER OF THE FRONTIER"

  12. #12
    We'll look into that. Thanks for the suggestions.

  13. #13
    Cabbage Detective Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Power
    31
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ninja-star95 Wii Code: AKninja95
    Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    I support the above notion. There can be a "viewer discretion advised" warning before you enter the section. It doesn't have to contain hentai or any type of pornography (unless you guys are ok with that), but profanity, erotic fan fiction because why not, mature topics, and perhaps suggestive pictures could be allowed.
    Madara for Mod.

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Master View Post
    Dalaz is always butthurt...
    I think all of the Mods are but fair enough

  14. #14
    The One Bardock3601's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Delmarva
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    17
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Sogeking3601
    Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    This is a better reason than SayanythingbadaboutablackpersonandyougetbannedIsla nd at least.
    I cant tell, are you saying you said something racist? cause yeah that should ban you

  15. #15
    Cabbage Detective Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Power
    31
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ninja-star95 Wii Code: AKninja95
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardock3601 View Post
    I cant tell, are you saying you said something racist? cause yeah that should ban you
    It's a joke and you would get it if you were at SI

  16. #16
    Saigo no Getsuga Tenshō Mugetsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Dangai Precipice
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    23
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: ew, xbox~ PSN ID: chanman303
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    It's a joke and you would get it if you were at SI
    Makin' me feel like an oldie xD "Long ago, during the Great Migration..."

  17. #17
    Legendary Outlaw Santoryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    278
    Rep Power
    20
    Yeah i'm over 18 now so an over 18 section would be great. The swear filter wasn't working the other day I got the word **** through in the most liked/hated anime character

  18. #18
    Super Moderator Kira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    10
    Maybe we can ad a private section with no ads where you can swear freely.

    We'll look into it.

  19. #19
    Administrator Zephyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kira View Post
    To be quite frank and transparent. Cursing apparently is a nono for Google Ads and they use this ad money to keep the website up every month. Trust me I don't like it either but it's for the best.
    Kappa

  20. #20
    Administrator Zephyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Shonen View Post
    We'll look into that. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Kappa

  21. #21
    Duelist Kaguya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    295
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    20
    Fruit ****tail, ****roaches, ****sure, ****pit, ****ed. These are all censored because cock is blocked, no pun intended. Please remove the censor for it. It is very common.
    Last edited by Kaguya; 09-21-2014 at 07:01 PM.

  22. #22
    Super Moderator Kira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
    Fruit ****tail, ****roaches, ****sure, ****pit, ****ed. These are all censored because cock is blocked, no pun intended. Please remove the censor for it. It is very common.
    On it, thanks.

  23. #23
    Duelist Kaguya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    295
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    20
    Por nada.
    I love how you guys always respond so quickly, hehe. Thanks.

  24. #24
    Don't look behind your back Chase the light when the world is getting darker I have a dream where love's the only side So take my hand, join the army of the shadows....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •