Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Antdog View Post
    Could there be a thread where people can give suggestions(or even summit) some smiles/emicon? Since this place is new I could understand not having one now but for when the forum grows Attachment 152
    We're having some custom ones made and should be done in a week or so. But we can probably add a few different ones as long as they're really good.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: justAphil Steam ID: justAphil
    Every time I come back, this place gets more and more advanced. Thank you for your hard work, team of shonen gamez!!
    You know you liked it~

Personal Trainer/IT-Guru Hikaru's Avatar
    Can we do something about the short log-out time of this forum? I feel like a lot of time when I write posts, I get timed out, and have to log in again before posting.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ItzAPILLOWPET
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuha View Post
    Can we do something about the short log-out time of this forum? I feel like a lot of time when I write posts, I get timed out, and have to log in again before posting.
    Did you click "remember me"? I haven't been signed out since I made my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Master View Post
    Did you click "remember me"? I haven't been signed out since I made my account.
    This should solved it.

Unless you want to not put "Remember Me" then I guess we can extend the time out.

This request is probably a bit of a stretch and has about a fraction of a percent of happening, but I do feel like several others are on board with me in this issue.

My primary problem with Saiyan Island (which the majority of the members here are from), other than the admin being a complete joke, was that they treated us like immature kids that couldn't resolve our own problems and handed out punishments for the most ridiculous things, like flaming, racism, and drawing dicks on a certain picture of someone.

Why not take a YouTube type of approach (save for the copyright infringement and all that nonsense) and only punish members that are reported for inappropriate behavior? I would have to imagine we're all old and mature enough that we can block or ignore individuals that are harassing or offending us. In the worst case, you mods and admins are here for a reason and we can put the matters in your hands, but I just don't see the need for you guys to say "be polite and obey the rules. Read the terms blah blah blah" every time I say the word "fuck" or tell someone they're an idiot *hyperbole*.

I'm certainly not saying you should enforce crude, offensive behavior, but I also don't think you need to hold our hands and treat us like we aren't capable of taking care of ourselves. After all, this is the internet.
    "MASTER OF THE FRONTIER"

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RyuujiTK PSN ID: RyuujiTK Steam ID: psn_ryuujitk Wii Code: NetworkWiiU-1
    @Madara

We understand a majority of the members that come to our site are over the age of 18 & don't need to be treated like children.

As for taking a "YouTube" approach on the situation, that is what we currently do. We don't comment or get involved in the conversation unless a post is reported/brought to our attention by another member. No matter how small it is, if a user reports a post with evidence of a broken rule we are forced to take action on the issue. When I act on these reports, I'll leave a message reminding the reported member to be polite, or follow the Forum Guidelines when I believe that they are capable of handling the situation on their own without my help. This isn't to treat anyone as a child, but merely to state that I've acknowledged the report & will continue to moderate the conversation if it escalates.

We aren't trying to limit our members or make them feel like children. We do this for our members under the age of 18 & members that send in reports. While I understand this isn't the solution you intended, we will continue to handle reports in this manner with our public forum sections. But I may be able to provide an alternative. While we can't adjust the rules in our main forum open to everyone, joining our 18+ Members group will allow you to post more freely.

That's actually more or less what I wanted. As long as you guys "stay out of our business" so to speak, unless it's reported, I'm content. Of course there are exceptions like being off topic or if it becomes a massive flamefest (copyrighted), you have every right to intervene. Don't get the wrong impression; I wasn't saying you should ignore posts or content that is reported.

As for the 18+ group, how would one go about joining this exclusive cool kids club?
    "MASTER OF THE FRONTIER"

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Reesemcblox
    Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    That's actually more or less what I wanted. As long as you guys "stay out of our business" so to speak, unless it's reported, I'm content. Of course there are exceptions like being off topic or if it becomes a massive flamefest (copyrighted), you have every right to intervene. Don't get the wrong impression; I wasn't saying you should ignore posts or content that is reported.

As for the 18+ group, how would one go about joining this exclusive cool kids club?
    I'm sure we'll have people sneaking in to have a peak. Like any 18+ site (you know what I mean), they allow you to access the site without needed official proof of you being 18+. Unless you guys are going to inforce the 18 only rule for this "club", then just allow any member to join the section at their own risk.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RyuujiTK PSN ID: RyuujiTK Steam ID: psn_ryuujitk Wii Code: NetworkWiiU-1
    @Madara

There will be more details in the forum update later this week, but you can still request to join now by doing the following: "Settings > Permission Groups > 18+Members > Join Group". Once you do that your name will be added to the request list, and you'll be approved by a group leader.

@Dei

While it's hard to verify if everyone joining the group is over 18, they'll need to be at least a "SGZ Regular" before they can join. By that point we can judge based on the posts they've made.

i suggest a sport/ healthy food section, i'd like to share and discuss about these topics.

One Day I Want To Fight You All Out..
    To find out which is stronger between my styles and Yours..
    ..But as long as my eyes are black, i'm not going to lose!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Electrocket2 Steam ID: Electrorocket2
    Snip20140817_1.jpg
    Snip20140817_2.jpg

I propose the Writers Block.

A place where people can post stories that are written, or talk about the idea of writing. This is rather different than the idea of talking about books, or reading. A place where writers can come together and.. write? Brainstorming and writing techniques can also be discussed here.

Personally I would have the Writers Block in the Misc. area, which is the one writing is most connected to in this particular forums. I would think the Writers Block would have 3 sub-folders.

Fanfic Folder (Speaks for itself)
    Original Stories (Where original stories arise, not connected to any other media)
    Brainstorm Area (Writers would talk about writing in general, or ideas they have)

There could also be one on the topic of stuff that has already been written, but that could just be done in the Brainstorm area. Also the names can obviously be anything else, just proposing the ideas.

Lemme know what you think.

Also, anyone know why my pics are so tiny looking? That is not the resolution I have them at lol.
    Last edited by Electrorocket; 08-18-2014 at 02:30 AM.

"This is Adolf Reinhart." - Narrator for Terra Formars
    My Youtube Channel

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SidewaysBurner PSN ID: TubTub98
    Not sure how long this has been here, but I just noticed it, it made me wtf, but not in a bad way, it's actually pretty cool, I like it.

If we get palette/theme changes I hope we can get more stuff like it.

"Make sure you'll do your part, and SCREAM for me!"

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Lee View Post
    i suggest a sport/ healthy food section, i'd like to share and discuss about these topics.
    Those aren't bad ideas, when we expand on the "The World" section, those will definitely be sections.

@Electrorocket I could see a section like that taking off and becoming really interesting. I'll see what I can do as far as implementing that.

@Lucian If there's enough interest in logo/palette/theme changes, I'll make more.

Gamer IDs

Personal smilies, uploadable from your User CP
    Is this a possible thing?

Blog Entries
    It should be. I made the suggestion earlier in this thread because I've seen it before.

Like Young Master, I haven't heard of such thing before but we will definitely look into it.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Shonen View Post
    Like Young Master, I haven't heard of such thing before but we will definitely look into it.
    I seen another forum advertising and they said they had this. I just wasn't sure if this actually existed or not. Would be a nice feature either way.

Blog Entries
    It exists. I have used it in the past.

This topic is kind of old, but it should give you a general idea of the concept: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=115993

If you have any questions, I can definitely answer them for you.
    Last edited by Kaguya; 08-20-2014 at 07:43 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dark Sasune PSN ID: tboneESLB Steam ID: Dark_Sasune Wii Code: Dark Sasune
    I think we should have like a comic book section so people who are into comics can talk about new issues and stuff.

Personal Trainer/IT-Guru Hikaru's Avatar
    This should solved it.

Unless you want to not put "Remember Me" then I guess we can extend the time out.
    I have, but it still does that. Extending the time out surely wouldn't hurt ^^

We're trying to think of some fresh ideas to increase activity here. If you guys have any ideas feel free to pitch them.

I'm not really keen on opening too many new sections because I feel we shouldn't have dead sections while we're still small but if your suggestion consists of a new section then bring it up anyway and maybe we can look into it.

Gamer IDs

Someplace on the forum where we can discuss the news on the home page. Maybe a section dedicated to home page news. Or advertise why the forum is better than disqus.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Master View Post
    Someplace on the forum where we can discuss the news on the home page. Maybe a section dedicated to home page news. Or advertise why the forum is better than disqus.
    Wouldn't that interfere with the threads that are already talking about the game in particular?

Like how Pirate Warriors 3 has its own thread for news about that. I don't know, I thought it was a good idea at first but usually the games they cover have threads for it already.

As for Disqus, a lot of people who regularly comment on there make accounts on here from what I noticed. Usually if the front page does well (especially with Naruto Revolution coming up) then you'll see a lot of new members coming from the Disqus section.

Gamer IDs

Yeah, you're right. I guess, just advertise it more on the front page? Reasons why joining the forums is a good idea kinda thing, doesn't have to be in everyone's face but off to the side, out of the way.

Thread Information