Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions Thread

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Reesemcblox

Post Suggestions Thread

There's no thread here, so I thought I'd lay this here. As the title suggests, just write up your suggestions for this forum here.

a Team Gai skin.

new emoticons and gifs.

more mods

more members

One Day I Want To Fight You All Out..
    To find out which is stronger between my styles and Yours..
    ..But as long as my eyes are black, i'm not going to lose!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RyuujiTK PSN ID: RyuujiTK Steam ID: psn_ryuujitk Wii Code: NetworkWiiU-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Lee View Post
    a Team Gai skin.

new emoticons and gifs.

more mods

more members

1.) A team Gai skin would be interesting, so I'll write that down for the future.

2.) I am currently the only one drawing and designing these forum images so it may take some time. "That goes for new skins as well"

3.) Any recommendations?

4.) We'll work on that one

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SidewaysBurner PSN ID: TubTub98
    1. Options to change the forums skin/background. Since it's called Shonen games I'm guessing a variety of things from Shonen possibly? FMA, Bleach, DBZ ect.
    2. Is it possible to have a games or arcade section?

"Make sure you'll do your part, and SCREAM for me!"

- A gfx section

- A forum for stuff outside of anime/manga/gaming. Stuff like tv, movies, books, sports, etc. I don't use all of these very much, but I'm sure some people would miss this space.

- Show the name of the posters on the "latest posts" section perhaps

Edit: forget #3, just noticed I just have to put the cursor over their avatar lol
    Last edited by Lunario; 08-03-2014 at 07:54 AM.

Blog Entries
    This is only if there already isn't one: I suggest a subforum where reported posts appear that is only visible to forum leaders.

Member ranks are being updated still, so I have suggestions regarding the rewards. Try to make sure that the rank bonuses are distributed in a way that rewards members through the entire journey. For instance, what if the reward for the Wing Spiker rank (30+ posts), was increasing the inbox limit from 50 to 60? Then for the Student Council President Rank (100+ posts), which is more of a milestone, you increase the inbox limit from 60 to 100. That way, both ranks get some type of reward; currently, that is not the case. Further down the line, you can increase it again. Let's say to 300 or so when a specific rank is achieved.

I noticed that a lot of people are enthusiastic about the avatar sizes here. Is this going to be a rank bonus that is given early on? If there is one, it should be that, in my opinion.

The foum is new and we're all still becoming acquainted with one another, so user name changes aren't necessary yet, but somewhere down the line I think it would be a nice addition to have.

Since people are suggesting GFX contests and such, perhaps the winners can receive medals.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RyuujiTK PSN ID: RyuujiTK Steam ID: psn_ryuujitk Wii Code: NetworkWiiU-1
    Glad to see there's a lot of new suggestions. Going down the list of unanswered suggestions:

@Lucian

Not sure how the other moderators feel yet, but I'm open to the possibility of more skins from various shonen anime. I'll create a thread/poll down the line so everyone can choose and vote on which themes they'd want to add most when the time comes.

@Lucian & Lunario

As for all the questions on sections, I will add a gfx section. For other sections outside of anime, gaming etc we currently have the "Misc" section. I'll try to expand on it so it's better organised.

@Kaguya

I've set a subforum up now for reported posts, & I'll note the name change request.

As for Member ranks, they'll be adjusted so the rewards feel more like accomplishments & get better as you progress. I've also noticed the interest in avatar sizes, so I'll keep that bonus around "Wing Spiker" (30+ posts) & SGZ Regular (65+ posts) if everyone agrees with it.

Contest medals were also on my to-do list, I just can't draw that fast ^^;

Im thinking maybe daily or weekly polls related to all anime & maybe member made polls aswell. have a place in the forums just for polls so we can vote on random stuff.

Due to the fact that this forum lacks BD trolls and annoying Narutards, it would be a great idea to have a BattleDome section.

Edit: tbh, there is one.
    Last edited by Zoro; 08-04-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: bpcraftsman14 Wii Code: SurgeonOfDeath14
    A lot of the suggestions above I know for a fact a lot of users want.

I just have one question, how close are you to making more post rank image things (wing spiker, SGZ regular, etc). I trust you're working on it and no rush, I'm just curious is all

The Start of a New Era

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SurgeonOfDeath View Post
    A lot of the suggestions above I know for a fact a lot of users want.

I just have one question, how close are you to making more post rank image things (wing spiker, SGZ regular, etc). I trust you're working on it and no rush, I'm just curious is all
    I haven't had a chance to work on member ranks in a while due to my schedule. The next set of member ranks should be updated this week.

@Iris Heart
    That's a good idea, I'll see if I can set that up.

@Zoro
    I'm unaware of the term "BattleDome", so if anyone could shed some light on the subject, I'll see if we can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by RyuujiTK View Post
    I@Zoro
    I'm unaware of the term "BattleDome", so if anyone could shed some light on the subject, I'll see if we can do that.
    BattleDome is a section in which one can start threads involving two or more Anime/Manga/Comics etc. characters put against each other in a hypothetical conflict. A member starts a Vs. thread, and other members will respond by saying who the winner of the fight is and provide evidence (feats) as to why they think the character they are supporting would win the fight. That may lead to good debates and will add more activity to the forum. You can call it Shonen BattleDome, SGZ BattleDome or whatever you want to call it.

Gamer IDs

That sounds like an interesting section. I'll pass the BattleDome idea to the rest of the admins to see if they're up for it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RyuujiTK View Post
    That sounds like an interesting section. I'll pass the BattleDome idea to the rest of the admins to see if they're up for it as well.
    Thanks for considering my suggestion. If you want to see an example of a BD thread, go to SI's or NF's BattleDome.

we should have a Sport Section as well.

One Day I Want To Fight You All Out..
    To find out which is stronger between my styles and Yours..
    ..But as long as my eyes are black, i'm not going to lose!

Is it possible to include a feature to preview how an avatar will look? I'm constantly fearful that the one I upload will look shit and then I'll lose my previous one

Blog Entries
    When it comes to forums, "how-to" guides are sine qua non, in my opinion. Fortunately, it seems as though a majority of people here already understand how things work. Furthermore, this place has a very helpful FAQ page.

However, I think that instructional threads might still be useful for those who require more detailed explanations regarding certain features. So my suggestion is this: is it all right if I post a couple of "how-to" threads in the Help Section?

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Is it possible to include a feature to preview how an avatar will look? I'm constantly fearful that the one I upload will look shit and then I'll lose my previous one
    That sounds very convenient! Personally, I like the idea. However, if it's possible to implement, I would not recommend a preview page for avatars because they require an upload onto the server (unless they are URL based). As a result, implementing a preview page would mean that two avatars would be stored on an account simultaneously, which would eat up bandwidth and take up storage space on the server.

I would recommend saving your old avatar on your computer right before you change it, just in case. If you can't or don't want to do that, another alternative is to create a photo albulm on your profile specifically for avatars. That way, you always have the option to go back and use old ones you like at any given time.
    Last edited by Kaguya; 08-08-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Reesemcblox
    Or just preview it in an image editor...

Blog Entries
    ^Yep, or that. You'll be able to resize the avatar and see what it looks like ahead of time.

I use www.ezimba.com
    Last edited by Kaguya; 08-08-2014 at 07:40 PM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
    When it comes to forums, "how-to" guides are sine qua non, in my opinion. Fortunately, it seems as though a majority of people here already understand how things work. Furthermore, this place has a very helpful FAQ page.

However, I think that instructional threads might still be useful for those who require more detailed explanations regarding certain features. So my suggestion is this: is it all right if I post a couple of "how-to" threads in the Help Section?
    You're more than welcome to post "how-to" threads in the Help Section of the forum. You can sticky them as well so they're not pushed down by other inquiries within that section.

@Santoryu
    The other members posted great alternatives to your question. I'll still look into writing a preview feature to make it easier on everyone.

@Brandon Lee
    The other staff members aren't interested in expanding sections just yet.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bonly3 Steam ID: Bonly
    Could there be a thread where people can give suggestions(or even summit) some smiles/emicon? Since this place is new I could understand not having one now but for when the forum grows v64eUwQ.png

Quote Originally Posted by Antdog View Post
    Could there be a thread where people can give suggestions(or even summit) some smiles/emicon? Since this place is new I could understand not having one now but for when the forum grows v64eUwQ.png
    You can always send me any emoticons you wish to be added.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ItzAPILLOWPET
    Quote Originally Posted by Antdog View Post
    Yeah man, I need me a Doffy emote.

Still waiting for a BattleDome section.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Master View Post
    Yeah man, I need me a Doffy emote.
    Awesome emoticon lol.

Blog Entries
    What about custom emoticons? It's a feature that allows us to upload our own emoticons and create shortcuts for them like this :dimples:

Instead of a recommendation thread, we can have a "share your emoticon collection" topic, since adding that would no longer require emoticons to be approved on an individual basis.
    Last edited by Dimples; 08-25-2014 at 01:39 AM. Reason: i asked kag to paraphrase my suggestion lmao

Thread Information