Thread: Assassin's Creed: Rouge

Baby-on-Back Brawler Tatsumi Oga & Baby Beel's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Rampaging_Oga, BMW037

Assassin's Creed: Rouge

Well... I saw an Assassin's Creed: Unity thread, so I thought "why not?" And here it is. An Assassin's Creed: Rouge thread. Only for PS3 and XBOX 360, I think. I'm not entirely sure. Anyways, we talk about Assassin's Creed: Rouge. Assuming anyone gives a damn.

Damnit, I messed up the spelling for *Rogue!!! Damn it!!!

Da~bu~i!

As a massive Assassin's Creed fan, and who has bought every major AC title to date, I must say I was severely disappointed in what I've seen thus far and don't plan on buying it unless it's around $10, but that won't matter because I'll be selling my 360 by the end of the year and I'm certainly not paying full price for this copy-and-paste garbage.

Seriously, this game is basically Black Flag 1.5. With the exception of now having a few AoE tools that do the same shit as the blowpipe and a couple new features in naval warfare, the combat, kill animations, movement, objectives, and general gameplay are identical to its predecessor. Hell, even the HUD is the same as BF. The only thing remotely interesting about Rogue is the fact you play as a Templar.

Of course, this is all based on the demos I've seen, but unless the game is going to have a major overhaul by the time it releases in about 3 months, it's appalling that Ubisoft is actually selling this as a full retail game.
    "MASTER OF THE FRONTIER"

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dark Sasune PSN ID: tboneESLB Steam ID: Dark_Sasune Wii Code: Dark Sasune
    Sounds like every Assassins Creed game after 2 with the exception of black flag...

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Reesemcblox
    I miss the good old days of AC 1-3. The games back then were actually so interesting. Now we have a COD type system of releasing games. Like, Unity some months ago, now this one? I even forgot AC at some time because of how many titles were releasing, because of this I intentionally discarded this game from my memory. I'm not interesting in any more AC games, unless a really good one comes out.

Skipping this and Unity.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: InfernoUchiha Steam ID: MD_Punk Wii Code: MD Punk
    Picking up Unity because co-op is always fun but I'm 100% passing on Rogue. I've never been a fan of the naval combat from 3 and Black Flag so that alone is a reason for me to pass on this one. Not to mention Ubisoft must be out of their damn minds if they think they are squeezing $120 out of me for AC games. Nope. Not happening.

I'd rather just wait till I go current gen and get Unity.

It might not even happen though I have no time for gaming nowadays and my xbox just sits here collecting dust

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Ridx59
    I am going to wait until they remaster it and put it on the current gen or if they make a pc port, I love assassin's Creed but this is too much, it's black flag 2.0 and after seeing unity, am not impressed.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bonly3 Steam ID: Bonly
    I can't wait to get this game. It's looks good like BF, you can see sails the seas and explore things from what i've heard and the ice areas look great and playing around as a Templar seems like a cool twist on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark sasune View Post
    Sounds like every Assassins Creed game after 2 with the exception of black flag...
    The difference is, at least the other installments were actually different games; Brotherhood and Revelations were unique despite featuring the same protagonist. This is literally the same game as Black Flag with a different story and location and a few minor gameplay changes - that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dei View Post
    I miss the good old days of AC 1-3. The games back then were actually so interesting. Now we have a COD type system of releasing games. Like, Unity some months ago, now this one? I even forgot AC at some time because of how many titles were releasing, because of this I intentionally discarded this game from my memory. I'm not interesting in any more AC games, unless a really good one comes out.

Skipping this and Unity.
    While I do agree that the franchise is getting milked pretty hard, comparing it to Call of Duty is a blasphemy. Each installment (with the exception of Rogue) brings in a unique setting and historical time period, along with new innovative gameplay that makes each game feel fresh. If you've even read/seen anything about Unity, you would most likely be interested since it's probably the biggest change since AC 1 to AC II. The fact it's exclusive to current gen consoles alone should be an indication that they're going all out with this one. Sure, they may have annual releases, but if each title actually feels different from the past ones, who the hell cares?

I mean honestly, what do people even want at this point? Like what would be your ideal Assassin's Creed game? Do you want robotic zombie ninja assassins in space fighting slutty dinosaur sharks to protect the universe?
    "MASTER OF THE FRONTIER"

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: bpcraftsman14 Wii Code: SurgeonOfDeath14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dei View Post

Skipping this and Unity.
    AC 3 was actually regarded by many as lacking, and BF was actually really good. The reason AC Unity and AC Rogue seem to be coming out so close with eachother is because Ubisoft created Rogue to please last gen gamers. Unity is the new one, Rogue is almost like a Liberation kinda thing.

The Start of a New Era

Baby-on-Back Brawler Tatsumi Oga & Baby Beel's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Rampaging_Oga, BMW037
    Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    As a massive Assassin's Creed fan, and who has bought every major AC title to date, I must say I was severely disappointed in what I've seen thus far and don't plan on buying it unless it's around $10, but that won't matter because I'll be selling my 360 by the end of the year and I'm certainly not paying full price for this copy-and-paste garbage.

Seriously, this game is basically Black Flag 1.5. With the exception of now having a few AoE tools that do the same shit as the blowpipe and a couple new features in naval warfare, the combat, kill animations, movement, objectives, and general gameplay are identical to its predecessor. Hell, even the HUD is the same as BF. The only thing remotely interesting about Rogue is the fact you play as a Templar.

Of course, this is all based on the demos I've seen, but unless the game is going to have a major overhaul by the time it releases in about 3 months, it's appalling that Ubisoft is actually selling this as a full retail game.
    How do you know for sure it's exactly like Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag?

Da~bu~i!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsumi Oga & Baby Beel View Post
    From......the.....................demo?
    "MASTER OF THE FRONTIER"

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: InfernoUchiha Steam ID: MD_Punk Wii Code: MD Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsumi Oga & Baby Beel View Post
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it's exactly like Black Flag. Except this time it's gonna be cold. That's the only difference I've seen.

Thread Information