Thread: I dont like the name of this Website.

I dont like the name of this Website.

I Propose the owner of this website, to change the name of this place, 'shonengamez' not only sounds gay, but it also sounds like if it was generalizing 'video games' or something like that, we need a more attractive name to this page, in order to attact people who like probably same things, but not games at all, for example, i don't like video games that much, but i'm still interested in some mangas, discussion, and shit.

i hope my proposal gets approved.

k thanx.

One Day I Want To Fight You All Out..
    To find out which is stronger between my styles and Yours..
    ..But as long as my eyes are black, i'm not going to lose!

The focus on games is actually a bit of a problem for me too. Sure, i play a lot of games, but almost no anime games. I rather like to discuss mangas and anime.

Blog Entries
    I disagree with this, for a lot of reasons, but I will not state why. However, it can be done, so the option is there at least, in case anyone isn't already aware.

If the admins ever consider changing the domain name, they must edit the licence details in the Member's Area.

The Forum Name is in Admin CP > Settings > Options > Site Name/ URL/ Contact Details.

If they get a new domain name, the best thing to do is to 'park it' so that the hosting account has both URLs working simultaneously.

A lot of that was webmaster jargon, but I can explain it with simpler terms, in more detail, if necessary.
    Last edited by Kaguya; 08-29-2014 at 05:24 PM.

well, if randal and i, are not the only ones who disagree with the forum's name, then the webmaster should take us in consideration.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: InfernoUchiha Steam ID: MD_Punk Wii Code: MD Punk
    I see no problem with the website being called ShonenGamez when they literally post nothing but Game News from Shonen anime.

If you don't like the name then honestly that sucks for you but there's no point in changing it when that's literally the content on the main website.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ItzAPILLOWPET
    I don't see why the name matters. We can always get the more in depth manga/anime sections later. Not like the name of the site prevents that.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Master View Post
    I don't see why the name matters. We can always get the more in depth manga/anime sections later. Not like the name of the site prevents that.
    i was exagerating ofc, but what i mean, is that by first impression, this forum will only attract a 'group' of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Lee View Post
    i was exagerating ofc, but what i mean, is that by first impression, this forum will only attract a 'group' of people.
    That's like saying Naruto Forums only attract Naruto Fans.

This topic is pretty silly honestly.

This name may attract a small group of people, however, I don't think changing it is necessary. This forum got rolling last month, of course we are not expecting to have as many members as there is on SI in such a short period of time. Give it some time, we will get tons of members eventually.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RyuujiTK PSN ID: RyuujiTK Steam ID: psn_ryuujitk Wii Code: NetworkWiiU-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kira View Post
    That's like saying Naruto Forums only attract Naruto Fans.

This topic is pretty silly honestly.
    I can agree with that. A name change isnít really needed at this point, especially since it pertains to the sites content. But I think Brandon Leeís ideas are going in the right direction.

I do like your idea Brandon. Despite launching in November, the forum recently went live so suggestions on how to expand the userbase or increase forum activity are always welcome. An attractive name that could bring in anime & manga fans who donít play much anime games would be nice. But between advertising, and behind the scenes work to improve the functionally of the forum, back-tracking to adjust the name for all our site assets and partners would really set us back.

But if you have any other suggestions to increase activity, feel free to share them.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Electrocket2 Steam ID: Electrorocket2
    ShonenGamez is the whole reason I am here other than the fact that I am a Forums dweller who feeds off of other peoples souls in the form of posts.

I mean, what? I meant to say I like Shonen and I like games. But with a Z. Yeah.

Indeed.

"This is Adolf Reinhart." - Narrator for Terra Formars
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by RyuujiTK View Post
    I can agree with that. A name change isn’t really needed at this point, especially since it pertains to the sites content. But I think Brandon Lee’s ideas are going in the right direction.

I do like your idea Brandon. Despite launching in November, the forum recently went live so suggestions on how to expand the userbase or increase forum activity are always welcome. An attractive name that could bring in anime & manga fans who don’t play much anime games would be nice. But between advertising, and behind the scenes work to improve the functionally of the forum, back-tracking to adjust the name for all our site assets and partners would really set us back.

But if you have any other suggestions to increase activity, feel free to share them.

wow thankx, you are always a positive mod, unlike 'light' the tyrant, who already gave me an infraction, disagrees with all my ideas,and make fun of them.

u are da best RTK.

OT : well i guess we will have to wait in order to see the results,

Apparently you are on Kira's bannote.

- - - - - - - - - -

Apparently you are on Kira's ban note.

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

Thread Information