Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Read: Lack of Activity On The Forum

Please Read: Lack of Activity On The Forum

I noticed that the forum went from decently active to dying. What happened exactly? Lack of active members? Was there some things missing on the forum that would have made you all more active?

Honest feedback is appreciated.

I lost interest in discussion mostly and I don't even follow any series consistently except One Piece, which there is no dedicated section to or enough members discussing. I think a lot of activity is gone due to Naruto ending. I went away for a week or so, came back and the place was absolutely deserted haha

I don't think there is much you could do to change it to be honest

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Electrocket2 Steam ID: Electrorocket2
    From what I can tell, currently there is a lack of topics to talk about.

Concerning my own self being missing from the site, that is due to College work, League of Legends, and my writing hobby. I tend to be a gamer, a really active person and checking in on forums can be slightly difficult.

On top of that, people here are scared of Skype chats with me for some reason. Or Skype chats in general. I like talking with my voice, albeit my stronger sense of personality in my writing ability using personas and such.

Concerning that, I attempted to do live streamed interviews using Twitch, to stream to the SGZ community live questions being answered, QUESTIONS THAT NEEDED TO BE ASKED! Questions that I would read from a thread and live questions in the Twitch chat, with which I would speak with my grand voice. Twas a grand idea and twas shot down by the community.

In my opinion, forum communities like SI, SGZ, and otherwise tend to be scared of trying things like that out, things that make a user of the site real, or the opposite, making that user more of their own persona. MD Punk was one of the few who sort of pulled it off, but people lost interest for some reason, not because they didn't want to watch, but from what I could tell, because they could not. Was odd really, but they didn't even have time to comment concerning bringing it back or whatever, and before they knew it, twas gone in the wind like a fart from a mouse. Just gone. Or maybe I'm wrong and people just completely forgot about it. I ALMOST DEBUED AND IT GOT SHUT THE F*CK DOWN MAN-

Personally I do not want to see this forum dead, because it's pretty damn awesome in its format and delivery, as a just-right-after-beginning forum. However, users believe they don't need to think about the idea of "Contributing" to the forums. By this I mean they do not care for becoming something more than simply some poster on the internet. Although I am going into a realm that is opinionotic and possibly incorrect, as you can most likely tell.

I still want to do the damn interviews btw lol

"This is Adolf Reinhart." - Narrator for Terra Formars
    My Youtube Channel

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: bpcraftsman14 Wii Code: SurgeonOfDeath14
    I still lurk every now and then, but there aren't any discussions going on. With Naruto done, people probably just found something else to do, so now there isn't discussions or activity.

The Start of a New Era

I see, I also noticed the highs and lows with some forums. For example Saiyanisland's forums seem to have a down time when there is no Naruto related gaming news announced.

I did also notice when the Naruto Revolution wave gone and the Naruto series over things have been quiet here. It's a shame because this forum has a lot of potential given how the features and other things makes it stick out from a few but it is very small and it might stay that way until something huge is announced.

Hopefully it doesn't die out but realistically from what I'm reading it's probably due to school, nothing to discuss etc.

I can try to ask the writers now to incorporate the news on the front page with the forum maybe to spark some discussion for the video games section at the very least.

Gamer IDs

Yeah I mean, once the Naruto part 3 comes out or a new Storm or Pirate Warriors game comes out I think activity will rise. Also when a new Pokemon is coming out cuz people here love that shit.

I don't think people are going to other forums (at least I'm not), it's just the lack of topics and the busyness of the real world. The thing I love about this forum is being able to have conversations with people who aren't trolls. There are (were) a few who irked me, but it was bearable.

The Start of a New Era

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ItzAPILLOWPET
    I'm still here and keep watch for the One Piece thread. Though it gets pretty lonely there. lol

For what it's worth, I stopped posting because no one seemed to acknowledge or notice me and just stayed with their cliques they knew from the other site. So yeah, take that for whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by RockSauron View Post
    For what it's worth, I stopped posting because no one seemed to acknowledge or notice me and just stayed with their cliques they knew from the other site. So yeah, take that for whatever you want.
    We're all friends here

Plus this is a small community so don't feel left out. We're all family here

I'm from the other site and I barely talk to any of them. You have to act to make friends and enemies. Do not expect them to come to you.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bonly3 Steam ID: Bonly
    Ayeeeeeee it's Santoryu, how's it going man? But yeah it's basically the lack of discussions going on here. Not many people post outside some sticky threads(and even those are more or less dead) and when people do post in other threads they only last for three pages max. Now add in that there are a small handful of sections(meaning less things for people to talk about) as well as alot of people not being active along with the small handful of posters who visit here and you have yourself the reasons the forum is pretty much dying. Until/Unless we get some new members to the site the forum is gonna be dead for a bit until a new exciting game comes out which might draw in more people

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dark Sasune PSN ID: tboneESLB Steam ID: Dark_Sasune Wii Code: Dark Sasune
    Pretty much the same thing for me, I'm from S.I but most of the people here i never really talked with except Ninja so it's really annoying with all the cliques around. It's like HS 2.0 and it's easy to be ignored or ostracized.

Quote Originally Posted by Antdog View Post
    Ayeeeeeee it's Santoryu, how's it going man?
    Not too bad, been dealing with a lot of real life dramas and shit lately though. How about you?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

People be talkin' talkin' bout talkin' to people.

People be talkin' bout being noticed.

I attempt to solve this noodle with semi-genius ideas and people are against it.

So yeah, I can really feel the want and need to talk to people and be noticed lol

To the people who believe in these, 'Cliques,' which clique am I in?
    Cause I'd be confused if I was in any clique. I'd be confused if anyone was in any clique on this particular forums, for I have not noticed such things.

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: InfernoUchiha Steam ID: MD_Punk Wii Code: MD Punk
    All of this clique stuff is all in your head. I haven't noticed a single "clique" like group of people on this website at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RMGMDPunk View Post
    All of this clique stuff is all in your head. I haven't noticed a single "clique" like group of people on this website at all.
    Me neither

i think the forum needs a rock lee sd and a hunter x hunter section

hunter x hunter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NARUTO.

EDIT:

i don't want this forum to die, so i'm going to propose some things that are definetely going to improve the forum's activity:

Eight Gated Gai - Theme(FORUM SKIN) <

HXH - Forum Skin

Change the name of the forum, really, no homophobic but the name of this forum sounds like gay.

One Piece Section
    give someone the abbility to Mod That section.

Invent fake but at the same time amazing news, like naruto having a sequel, Dragonball having another movie, even if the frieza one haven't came out yet.

Create a thread in which you declare yourself as an homosexual, so i can insult you.

Change the forum's design, it's kind of basic and at the same time the features are kind of complicated-

Say you are from Texas, and state that you don't like chikanos,nor mexican people, and you wish u had born in another state, then make a thread in which you propose giving texas back to mexicans, with the drawback of removing the citizenship of mexicans and any other inmigrant, even if their children were born in the USA.

Create a visible Rep-bar with cool-names.

Reputation changes : when you got a bad reputation, u should have it black, for those who have a normal reputation, their color would be 'yellow' for those who are ELITE thei color would be Red, and MODS And very special members should have it Green.
    Last edited by Brandon Lee; 12-18-2014 at 07:35 AM.

One Day I Want To Fight You All Out..
    To find out which is stronger between my styles and Yours..
    ..But as long as my eyes are black, i'm not going to lose!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I like BLs idea of HxH focusing.

Although HiatusXHiatus is on hiatus. So even if twas true, tis be on hiatus.

One Piece is probably the best current running manga to have a section by itself.

Concerning BLs other ideas, some of them are coolio. You're gonna have to read that amazing post to find the hidden gems though.

My Youtube Channel

Gamer IDs

I'm all for a One Piece section with a mod. I visit the section just about everyday but it's just one thread which is kinda unorganized.

Just create a single section with people able to post threads on numerous OP topics.

As for the mod, it should be someone who can stay on top of it, is respected by forum goers, and above all actually cares about One Piece.

Unless you have someone in mind, I'd recommend appointing Young Master, MD Punk, or myself since we fit the above requirements. As long as they want to of course.

The Start of a New Era

The forum lacks ~drama~. Drama is what keeps the discussions alive. WE NEED HOMOPHOBIC JOKES!!!

But talking a bit more seriously, the problem I see as a distant yet connected spectator, is that most of the old community (talking about the oldfags from SI and the -2013 fellows that migrated to this forum) have dissipated, and the newly formed community just didn't grow or get involved as much, at least from my point of view.

I myself still visit both SI and SG sometimes and I never see any interesting threads as I did a long time ago, if any new threads at all (I remember being frustrated because in one night of sleep I could lose a dozen of polemic threads). Besides Naruto's over, so...

And I agree with Santoryu, there's really not much you could do about this, because you can't really drag people here to discuss, and I doubt we'll see an active forums like they had in SI's Spam Center before..

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bonly3 Steam ID: Bonly
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Not too bad, been dealing with a lot of real life dramas and shit lately though. How about you?
    Got a job so that's keeping me busy but otherwise it's been good just basically the same shit different day lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lunario View Post
    The forum lacks ~drama~. Drama is what keeps the discussions alive. WE NEED HOMOPHOBIC JOKES!!!

But talking a bit more seriously, the problem I see as a distant yet connected spectator, is that most of the old community (talking about the oldfags from SI and the -2013 fellows that migrated to this forum) have dissipated, and the newly formed community just didn't grow or get involved as much, at least from my point of view.

I myself still visit both SI and SG sometimes and I never see any interesting threads as I did a long time ago, if any new threads at all (I remember being frustrated because in one night of sleep I could lose a dozen of polemic threads). Besides Naruto's over, so...

And I agree with Santoryu, there's really not much you could do about this, because you can't really drag people here to discuss, and I doubt we'll see an active forums like they had in SI's Spam Center before..
    *gasp* you're alive o: !
    Though the drama does keep things interesting. Basically once all the trolls were eradicated in SI, it became a wasteland. I considered turning heel but I just don't have that potential ._.

Quote Originally Posted by LOhEll View Post
    *gasp* you're alive o: !
    Though the drama does keep things interesting. Basically once all the trolls were eradicated in SI, it became a wasteland. I considered turning heel but I just don't have that potential ._.
    I'm glad you remembered me but I have no idea who you are going by that name haha

Too bad drama alone wouldn't solve the problem. A while ago a little fight between a couple of members became a topic of discussion of the whole Spam Center for days. Right now there's just not enough active people to cause that repercussion.

In the past I would be afraid of leaving the forums, but the absence of other members has made it really easy to become another inactive member. The only reason I'm here posting right now is because I'm on vacation at home while my friends are travelling and there's only so much I can do before getting bored

Edit: wait, are you Roger? :O
    Last edited by Lunario; 12-21-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunario View Post
    I'm glad you remembered me but I have no idea who you are going by that name haha

Too bad drama alone wouldn't solve the problem. A while ago a little fight between a couple of members became a topic of discussion of the whole Spam Center for days. Right now there's just not enough active people to cause that repercussion.

In the past I would be afraid of leaving the forums, but the absence of other members has made it really easy to become another inactive member. The only reason I'm here posting right now is because I'm on vacation at home while my friends are travelling and there's only so much I can do before getting bored

Edit: wait, are you Roger? :O

On topic though, yeah idk how member activity can increase unless we all participate but lol.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dark Sasune PSN ID: tboneESLB Steam ID: Dark_Sasune Wii Code: Dark Sasune
    Imo we need some type of advertizing if we are going to obtain more traffic to the forums. Most people that come to the site aren't even aware of the forums for some strange reason....

Thread Information