Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Read: Lack of Activity On The Forum

Well for starters, you could have some more forums dedicated to each game/ anime series. But you don't have enough people here to do that.

One idea to try and get people here would be to make a huge project like a fangame to differentiate this from other sites. But the the fangame would be a bigger project than the forum. I dunno. I just would like a Naruto fangame but am in no position to actually start one. But having something specificly tied to this forum is the only way I could see to get people to bother going to a new place.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dark Sasune PSN ID: tboneESLB Steam ID: Dark_Sasune Wii Code: Dark Sasune
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSauron View Post
    Well for starters, you could have some more forums dedicated to each game/ anime series. But you don't have enough people here to do that.

One idea to try and get people here would be to make a huge project like a fangame to differentiate this from other sites. But the the fangame would be a bigger project than the forum. I dunno. I just would like a Naruto fangame but am in no position to actually start one. But having something specificly tied to this forum is the only way I could see to get people to bother going to a new place.
    One unique thing they have are quick translations but that hardly matters since S.I goes out of it's way to steal and take credit for translations. I feel this site in general needs to be all things anime and gaming because it can't survive off One Piece and Naruto alone.
    One thing i remember was that hysterical always had good info when it comes to games, as he was able to figure out the whole smash roster within 2 months of being announced, so if SGZ used this to their advantage they would surely gain more traffic.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Electrocket2 Steam ID: Electrorocket2
    One idea to try and get people here would be to make a huge project like a fangame to differentiate this from other sites.
    I actually tried this on SI.

Noone seemed to care about such ideas lol-

I DON'T GET WHY, IT WOULD BE FREAKING AMAZING I MEAN COME ON I KNOW HOW TO MAKE GODDAMN FLASH GAMES, 2D ANIMATION AND 3D ANIMATION (Currently in school fo dat one tho) BUT NOBODY GIVES A FLYING F*CK CONCERNING DOING ANY WORK THEIR OWN GODDAMNED SELVES-

But whatever I guess lol

"This is Adolf Reinhart." - Narrator for Terra Formars
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Electrorocket View Post
    I actually tried this on SI.

Noone seemed to care about such ideas lol-

I DON'T GET WHY, IT WOULD BE FREAKING AMAZING I MEAN COME ON I KNOW HOW TO MAKE GODDAMN FLASH GAMES, 2D ANIMATION AND 3D ANIMATION (Currently in school fo dat one tho) BUT NOBODY GIVES A FLYING F*CK CONCERNING DOING ANY WORK THEIR OWN GODDAMNED SELVES-

But whatever I guess lol
    Well, I would be interested lol. Especially in a Naruto smash bros gamesince an RPG would probably be impossible.

But yeah, having just the translations doesn't help since people can talk about it anywhere.

I don't think flash/fan games are going to work guys....

Quote Originally Posted by Dark sasune View Post
    One unique thing they have are quick translations but that hardly matters since S.I goes out of it's way to steal and take credit for translations. I feel this site in general needs to be all things anime and gaming because it can't survive off One Piece and Naruto alone.
    One thing i remember was that hysterical always had good info when it comes to games, as he was able to figure out the whole smash roster within 2 months of being announced, so if SGZ used this to their advantage they would surely gain more traffic.
    Yeah translations and HD scans are what stand out on the front page. Although SI will at times summarize what we translate and grab a LQ scan from that one guy on Twitter. I think they're working on more ways to stand out while not going too outside of what they cover.

Well the front page covers way more than DBZ, Naruto and One Piece. They wrote a few articles on Ippo, Assassination Classroom, Dengeki, Nisekoi, Attack on Titan and so on. They usually only cover games they plan to play or at least have an interest in.

I'm posting here only because I am interested in how this discussion went, I took a hiatus from here thinking I could do better in school. But I did worse actually,lol. I haven't read what happened, but I'd like to participate.

well as i said, we need more themes, skins, another name, and an actual reputation system, like in the other normal forums.

One Day I Want To Fight You All Out..
    To find out which is stronger between my styles and Yours..
    ..But as long as my eyes are black, i'm not going to lose!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RyuujiTK PSN ID: RyuujiTK Steam ID: psn_ryuujitk Wii Code: NetworkWiiU-1
    Quote Originally Posted by gdf View Post
    I'm posting here only because I am interested in how this discussion went, I took a hiatus from here thinking I could do better in school. But I did worse actually,lol. I haven't read what happened, but I'd like to participate.
    I don't think the discussion went anywhere yet. Most of these ideas seem more than adequate; they just need to be put into motion. Suggestions like having forum projects and advertising would work out well. Possibly some incentives for members that help advertise the forum too. Smaller details like more themes could never hurt either. Since nothing has really started, I think you're more than welcome to participate.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bonly3 Steam ID: Bonly
    Haven't been on here in a while but this place seems to be dead. Have people been trying to advertise the site and what not?

Quote Originally Posted by Antdog View Post
    Haven't been on here in a while but this place seems to be dead. Have people been trying to advertise the site and what not?
    Well, what exactly would we advertise? The community? There isn't really one. We have the translated scans, but it's obvious at this point that that alone wouldn't get people coming here.

Really, it'd be up to the staff to try and initiate the community. Make some contests with prizes and whatever. Have some sort of reward system where you can get points for winning things in in various tournaments or something, I dunno. When kickstarting a community, whoever the admins are here would really need to put a lot of effort in getting people to come. As some random guy, I don't really have any reason to try and convince people to come fill a forum with no community to entice people with

So yeah, that's my suggestion: If you still want people to come here, make a bunch of tournaments across all the games you cover with real, tangible prizes and have people need to be on this forum to participate. Try making more forums for each game and initiating discussion there. Have it be the main place to discuss the news on your front page and encourage people there to sign up here. I could do it myself, but I have no real reason to do it yet, especially since I know the community isn't too attractive at the moment. Basically, I'm not going to go around asking random people to sign up on a forum that doesn't have much going for it if we're going to be honest. As admins, you have to make your forum attractive before anyone is willing to do the advertising for you. And English translation sources won't do much for that when you can talk about them anywhere

Well, what exactly would we advertise? The community? There isn't really one. We have the translated scans, but it's obvious at this point that that alone wouldn't get people coming here.

Really, it'd be up to the staff to try and initiate the community. Make some contests with prizes and whatever. Have some sort of reward system where you can get points for winning things in in various tournaments or something, I dunno. When kickstarting a community, whoever the admins are here would really need to put a lot of effort in getting people to come. As some random guy, I don't really have any reason to try and convince people to come fill a forum with no community to entice people with

So yeah, that's my suggestion: If you still want people to come here, make a bunch of tournaments across all the games you cover with real, tangible prizes and have people need to be on this forum to participate. Try making more forums for each game and initiating discussion there. Have it be the main place to discuss the news on your front page and encourage people there to sign up here. I could do it myself, but I have no real reason to do it yet, especially since I know the community isn't too attractive at the moment. Basically, I'm not going to go around asking random people to sign up on a forum that doesn't have much going for it if we're going to be honest. As admins, you have to make your forum attractive before anyone is willing to do the advertising for you. And English translation sources won't do much for that when you can talk about them anywhere
    Maybe I can convince them to make the next giveaway involve the forum and spark some activity.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ninja-star95 Wii Code: AKninja95
    I left because it was a ghost town. That's about it

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dark Sasune PSN ID: tboneESLB Steam ID: Dark_Sasune Wii Code: Dark Sasune
    This site really needs better advertising,Literally everyone still goes to sayian island as of now and that is certainly bad in terms of trying to grow the community. Also i agree with rock, that sounds like a good idea.

Wow this place has changed

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Electrocket2 Steam ID: Electrorocket2
    Quote Originally Posted by Urahara View Post
    Wow this place has changed
    Yeah what happened to the layout style? Completely different than what I remember.

"This is Adolf Reinhart." - Narrator for Terra Formars
    My Youtube Channel

Yeah this is much different. I haven't been on here for a while but hopefully it becomes lively again.

Thread Information