Thread: Anime based games vs. Traditional stand-alone games

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sogeking3601

Anime based games vs. Traditional stand-alone games

For the longest time I've felt that games based on anime (or any kind of pop culture) should be held accountable to different standards than traditional titles in the same genre. An example would be db: xenoverse or the naruto ultimate ninja storm series versus mortal kombat or street fighter. All 4 of those are "fighting games" and just shewed into the same category. Anime games first priority is fan service, they exist to serve fans of the series 1st and foremost. I've always been aware of a certain smugness in the air held by people who play traditional games and then look down on anime games because of different qualities.

Albert Einstein is credited for saying: "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    and that kinds applies to what I'm saying

So what I'm asking you guys is if I'm the only one who feels that these games should be judged differently or do you guys think that they should be held at the same standards?

Quote Originally Posted by Bardock3601 View Post
    For the longest time I've felt that games based on anime (or any kind of pop culture) should be held accountable to different standards than traditional titles in the same genre. An example would be db: xenoverse or the naruto ultimate ninja storm series versus mortal kombat or street fighter. All 4 of those are "fighting games" and just shewed into the same category. Anime games first priority is fan service, they exist to serve fans of the series 1st and foremost. I've always been aware of a certain smugness in the air held by people who play traditional games and then look down on anime games because of different qualities.

Albert Einstein is credited for saying: "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    and that kinds applies to what I'm saying

So what I'm asking you guys is if I'm the only one who feels that these games should be judged differently or do you guys think that they should be held at the same standards?
    I also feel like you have to look at these games differently. Its not like its naughty dog making these games. These studios are talented, but they aren't world class studios (well CC2 can be considered to be) and their #1 priority isn't to make the craziest game ever, its to please the fans.

i am poor in english,sorry.

can you help me with my academic task?

Thread Information