Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 51

Thread: Best Shonen of ALL TIME?

  1. #26
    The Lolicon Yomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    16
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: yukiyomi Steam ID: Shippudencave
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    As long as everyone is respectful to each other's opinion on what is the "Best Shonen of All Time", there shouldn't be any arguments.
    I have no obligation to respect the opinions of others.

  2. #27
    The One Bardock3601's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Delmarva
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    16
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Sogeking3601
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomi View Post
    I have no obligation to respect the opinions of others.
    technically you are socially obligated to respect the opinions of others, but you can choose to ignore that obligation. However then nobody has to respect you either and this whole issue starts. In the end its better to just pretend you respect their opinions but contradict them regardless. That way you dont come off as appearing to be the chute in which waste is removed from the body (mods dont like us cursing or bypassing the filter, use your imagination)

  3. #28
    Saigo no Getsuga Tenshō Mugetsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Dangai Precipice
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    22
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: ew, xbox~ PSN ID: chanman303
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardock3601 View Post
    technically you are socially obligated to respect the opinions of others, but you can choose to ignore that obligation. However then nobody has to respect you either and this whole issue starts. In the end its better to just pretend you respect their opinions but contradict them regardless. That way you dont come off as appearing to be the chute in which waste is removed from the body (mods dont like us cursing or bypassing the filter, use your imagination)
    She faked it xD Agreed though, I'd rather avoid senseless conflict, and not be considered a rectum~
    Last edited by Mugetsu; 07-12-2014 at 05:51 AM.

  4. #29
    The Lolicon Yomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    16
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: yukiyomi Steam ID: Shippudencave
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardock3601 View Post
    technically you are socially obligated to respect the opinions of others, but you can choose to ignore that obligation. However then nobody has to respect you either and this whole issue starts. In the end its better to just pretend you respect their opinions but contradict them regardless. That way you dont come off as appearing to be the chute in which waste is removed from the body (mods dont like us cursing or bypassing the filter, use your imagination)
    Having a personal viewpoint on a matter doesn't automatically garner respect. If that's what to be socially expected then currently, society is flawed. Pretending to respect someone's viewpoint then contradicting them is even more insulting. It's better to be a truthful asshole than a pleasant liar. If I want to avoid confrontation I keep my mouth shut, instead of belittling my opinions to uphold the opinions of another.

    I don't care what's socially expected. Not far off into the pass it was socially expected to do many things we now find immoral/wrong. Social boundaries change over time; and so will this unspoken rule I have never heard of.

  5. #30
    King of Trolls Lucian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    in PVP
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    20
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: SidewaysBurner PSN ID: TubTub98
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    As long as everyone is respectful to each other's opinion on what is the "Best Shonen of All Time", there shouldn't be any arguments.
    We should, but
    it's a forums, of course there will be arguments.
    But I don't mind.

    "Make sure you'll do your part, and SCREAM for me!"

  6. #31
    Saigo no Getsuga Tenshō Mugetsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Dangai Precipice
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    22
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: ew, xbox~ PSN ID: chanman303
    For every opinion there's gonna be someone who doesn't agree, and most likely start an argument., it's just how people are.

  7. #32
    The One Bardock3601's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Delmarva
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    16
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Sogeking3601
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomi View Post
    Having a personal viewpoint on a matter doesn't automatically garner respect. If that's what to be socially expected then currently, society is flawed. Pretending to respect someone's viewpoint then contradicting them is even more insulting. It's better to be a truthful asshole than a pleasant liar. If I want to avoid confrontation I keep my mouth shut, instead of belittling my opinions to uphold the opinions of another.

    I don't care what's socially expected. Not far off into the pass it was socially expected to do many things we now find immoral/wrong. Social boundaries change over time; and so will this unspoken rule I have never heard of.
    See you're just being contradictory for the sake of being contradictory, just because the bulk of society does something doesn't instantly mean it can be compared to shaking with only your right hand (or any other outdated and/or meaningless social construct). respecting someone elses opinions is the gateway towards understanding them and peacefully cooperating with them, if you consider that flawed just save yourself some time and move to some place like Russia or north korea where people (who im sure share that belief), are in charge. And i didnt say that pretending to respect their opinions was the right thing but its better than being a jerk(also a really outdated term) , nobody said you had to "uphold" it lol just not be an extremity with which female are inseminated (which people have universally frowned upon since time immemorial). I will end my part in this debacle with these words "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

  8. #33
    The Lolicon Yomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    16
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: yukiyomi Steam ID: Shippudencave
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardock3601 View Post
    See you're just being contradictory for the sake of being contradictory, just because the bulk of society does something doesn't instantly mean it can be compared to shaking with only your right hand (or any other outdated and/or meaningless social construct). respecting someone elses opinions is the gateway towards understanding them and peacefully cooperating with them, if you consider that flawed just save yourself some time and move to some place like Russia or north korea where people (who im sure share that belief), are in charge. And i didnt say that pretending to respect their opinions was the right thing but its better than being a jerk(also a really outdated term) , nobody said you had to "uphold" it lol just not be an extremity with which female are inseminated (which people have universally frowned upon since time immemorial). I will end my part in this debacle with these words "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
    You can respect freedom of speech without having to respect everything someone is saying, Let's take an extreme example. I don't respect the opinions of KKK/Neo Nazi members. That doesn't mean I'm against their freedom of speech, do not bend my words and mis-represent them. I hate it when I am misconstrued Bardock and you do this quite often.

    Respecting the opinions of others =/= Respecting their right to speak. That's a completely different story.

    Do I respect all opinions? NO!
    Do I respect a person's right to speak that opinion,YES!


    I don't have to respect something that I disagree with or find reprehensible, that's completely devaluing the word; but I do respect the laws that apply to all of us which is NOT PERSONAL!
    Last edited by Yomi; 07-12-2014 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Unsightly gaps

  9. #34
    The One Bardock3601's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Delmarva
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    16
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Sogeking3601
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomi View Post
    You can respect freedom of speech without having to respect everything someone is saying, Let's take an extreme example. I don't respect the opinions of KKK/Neo Nazi members. That doesn't mean I'm against their freedom of speech, do not bend my words and mis-represent them. I hate it when I am misconstrued Bardock and you do this quite often.

    Respecting the opinions of others =/= Respecting their right to speak. That's a completely different story.

    Do I respect all opinions? NO!
    Do I respect a person's right to speak that opinion,YES!


    I don't have to respect something that I disagree with or find reprehensible, that's completely devaluing the word; but I do respect the laws that apply to all of us which is NOT PERSONAL!
    See that, soooo much misunderstanding because you just wanna be right...You focused on my ending quote for that entire response (because you just didn't feel like addressing anything else i guess) but what you failed to see is that the quote (with the underlying 'freedom of speech' message you noticed) wasn't a shot at your argument at all, but was my words directed at you.It was me saying that I believe in YOUR right to say what YOU'RE currently saying but no, let that ego think that i attempted to use it to prove you wrong. Kinda looks like you misconstrueded my words Yomi

  10. #35
    Saigo no Getsuga Tenshō Mugetsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Dangai Precipice
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    22
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: ew, xbox~ PSN ID: chanman303
    *pew pew* shots fired~

  11. #36
    The One Bardock3601's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Delmarva
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    16
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Sogeking3601
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugetsu View Post
    *pew pew* shots fired~
    #BackInMyDay guns went pow pow, none of this new fangled pew pew nonsense....But im done with the off topic discussion anyway, it's a pointless debate if your opponent would never concede.

    Sorry for getting off topic everyone, continue sharing your favorite shonen if yomi and i held it up

  12. #37
    The Lolicon Yomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    16
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: yukiyomi Steam ID: Shippudencave
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardock3601 View Post
    See that, soooo much misunderstanding because you just wanna be right...You focused on my ending quote for that entire response (because you just didn't feel like addressing anything else i guess) but what you failed to see is that the quote (with the underlying 'freedom of speech' message you noticed) wasn't a shot at your argument at all, but was my words directed at you.It was me saying that I believe in YOUR right to say what YOU'RE currently saying but no, let that ego think that i attempted to use it to prove you wrong. Kinda looks like you misconstrueded my words Yomi
    I don't think anything else you said was worth responding too, since apparently I want to live in a dictatorship for not respecting every whim of another person that they deem opinion. Your second point is, "pretending is better than being a jerk" Well I've already stated that I'd rather be a truthful asshole than a lying pacifist; and you're third point. "Respecting opinions is the key to understanding and peace" Well sorry, I was raised to believe that honesty and openness were the keys to understanding one another. Not just pretending to feel a sense of admiration and deference to something because it came from another human.

    Misunderstanding? What misunderstanding, read my first comment and my second. Nothing has changed. It's just the way you interpreted it has changed. I still haven't stated that people shouldn't have the right to speak. I just said that I don't have to respect everything that comes out of that persons mouth.

  13. #38
    Ultimate Hope RMGMDPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    363
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    21
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: InfernoUchiha Steam ID: MD_Punk Wii Code: MD Punk
    >read thread
    >One Piece mentioned

    Very good. This is one of my picks as its my favorite series of all time.

    >no JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

    OOOOOOHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! - Joseph Joestar


  14. #39
    Personal Trainer/IT-Guru Hikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Rivendell
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    20
    This would have been easier to answer a few years ago, when the superstars of shounen had not started to detoriate as much as they have. One Piece up till Water 7 arc, was a masterpiece. Bleach up till Soul Society, was a masterpiece. Naruto never really had me as much.

    Air Gear, had it not been for the weird ending, would be right up there. Guess I'll just go with Dragon Ball, as every arc it had kinda owns in its own right. HunterXHunter, FMA etc. share the trait that they are too narrow to fit the standard shonen vast universe protocol, but quality wise, they are of course better.

  15. #40
    Cabbage Detective Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Power
    30
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ninja-star95 Wii Code: AKninja95
    If you are talking about Shonen in general then
    Last edited by Ninja; 07-15-2014 at 06:11 PM.

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I definitely recommend Hunter X Hunter, it takes a tiny bit to get into it, but once it gets going, you are literally sucked in. FMA:B is good but from my experience, either you love it, like it, or just don't like it. I am in the category of "like it", it all just depends on what interests you.
    Well, I decided to marathon FMA: Brotherhood. Like I said before, when I get into something, I REALLY get into it, so I marathoned 64 episodes in 2 days.

    My brain hurts.

  17. #42
    Heart Pirates SurgeonOfDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    429
    Rep Power
    22
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: bpcraftsman14 Wii Code: SurgeonOfDeath14
    The number one Shonen will always be DBZ. It has legendary status and while there are better Shonen by far, DBZ is the one every other manga is compared to.

    Statistically, One Piece is the best.

    My personal opinion is also One Piece. I understand it's not for everyone, but it's for me. And apparently it's also for more people than in any other manga.


    The Start of a New Era

  18. #43
    3-E Student THE TALL MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    LOOK ABOVE YOU
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0
    Best I've read, in terms of quality by length by consistency, is Shaman King.

    300+ chapters of suspense, likeable characters, and decent to awesome combat. The manga had a good balance of power throughout, and I give it credit for following a single storyline without getting caught up on many cliches.

    Hao was OP, occasionally to the point that it started pissing me off, but his power level made sense, and they found a surprising way of dealing with him that made the ending uniquely satisfying.

    Runners up:
    Alive: The Final Evolution
    Death Note
    Yu Yu Hakusho (would have been higher if not for bad pacing and a poor final arc. The anime actually improves on the manga a lot, IMO)
    Naruto (another case of a final arc screwing up what was otherwise a great story)

  19. #44
    Organization 13 Antdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    In Rendarg's house hiding
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    20
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Bonly3 Steam ID: Bonly
    Based on the ones I have read/seen so far I'd say Fullmetal Alchemist is the best one to me with OP coming in second




  20. #45
    Super Saiyan Dei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    188
    Rep Power
    18
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Reesemcblox
    Dragon Ball Z. It just is.

    As for runners up, I agree with Ono.

    I'd add Bleach to the list, in the bottom.

  21. #46
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn for me
    url=http://www.glenburnlaw.com/]Glen Burn Law[/url]

  22. #47
    One piece... Pre time skip, afterwards its just not as good for me.

    DBZ is great, because of nostalgia, but it has a lot of problems.

  23. #48
    3-E Student Kaneki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Yeah
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    I would have to say DBZ

  24. #49
    best shonen of all the time?

    Naruto part 1, Dragon Ball/Z or YuYu Hakusho (i haven't read op yet so don't bash me)

    Favorite one?

    Inuyasha

    One Day I Want To Fight You All Out..
    To find out which is stronger between my styles and Yours..
    ..But as long as my eyes are black, i'm not going to lose!

  25. #50
    If by Shonen you mean the magazines then I can't really choose just one. but these are some of my faves

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •